Saturday, December 20, 2008

Nothing is Missing

I took this picture last week when we had the ice and it has become one of my favorites. I was standing inside looking outside when I took this picture. I love the reflection of my Christmas tree.

It's really cold here and it's suppose to get really cold tomorrow with highs in the single digits. S and I decided it was just too cold to get out there so we will not see each other this weekend. :( Until we move closer, I am only going to wish for warm sunny days. After we live closer it can snow all it wants to.

My cat Bonk has decided that after 21 years she likes to cuddle. She is always on my lap and as I type this she is trying to figure out how to get to my lap with the laptop there. Three nights ago I woke up to her licking my face. Then two nights ago she started sleeping right by my head. The cool thing is she is letting me put my face right by her face. Listening to a cat purr is so calming and relaxing.

Today I finished my shopping for S. I was having a hard time finding something, but after just a few minutes in World Market I found the perfect thing. I am going up to S's house on Christmas, but we are not exchanging gifts until next weekend when she will be here for the weekend.

Since I started celebrating the holidays (about 5 years ago) I have always felt like something was missing. Even when I was with Laura and things seemed really good I always had this part of myself that felt empty. As I was driving home from work the other night I realized that this is the first year where I don't feel like something is missing. I am happy and in love. Does it get any better then this?

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

Ohhhhhhh, I loooooooove the World Market!!! :'( I (sob) miss (sob, sob) World Market.

MJ said...

The World Market-- I have forgotten about that place. It's awesome.

Julie said...

I live across from one and it's not a good thing...I really want all their stuff.

Monogram Queen said...

I will not complain if it gets even better for you my friend! You so deserve it!