Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Half Way to the Weekend

Yesterday one of my co-workers had me listen to this song. About thirty seconds into the song I told him to stop the song because it was really upsetting me. He made me a copy of the song to listen on my own and it is a very powerful song. I can completely understand how John Lennon was feeling. As I listened to the song I thought of my birth mom as well as my Mom. It really sucks when your Mom can't accept who you are.

Sophie loves the snow so much that she got me up at 2am to go outside. She didn't go to the bathroom she just walked in it. I do love how much she loves the snow. Lynilu suggested I take her to a dog park where she can run and roll in the snow. There is a dog park about 10 minutes from my house so I think I will take her there the next time we get snow. The snow we got yesterday will probably be melted by tomorrow. This morning it was so cold and since I don't live in the best neighborhood I can't just start my car and go back inside. I waited outside the whole time and it was c.o.l.d. I will still take a really cold day over a really hot day.

This morning when I got to work one of my techs asked why I was at work. I kind of looked at her with this weird look and she said, "It's Gay Day and all gay people were suppose to call in sick to protest Prop 8." I had heard about today but completely forgot. I am not sure if I would have called in anyway. I guess that makes me a bad gay.

For the first time in months I have no tech positions open. Usually I don't have problems filling my open positions, but I sure did this time. It feels good to finally have a full staff. Now I just need to finish up my tech evaluations. I am a little behind and need to complete 7 by the end of the year. Gasp!! I think I will just shut myself in my office one day to complete them.

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

You're a bad gay, but a good and responsible employee. Doesn't it suck that those are in opposition? There are so many things that make no sense in that way.

MJ said...

glad you have your positions full. I think employee issues are the most draining on the job.

Renaissance Woman said...

I didn't called in sick today either. I want to fight the proposition and think that it's wrong. But I also have a ton of work to do so hope that there is another way to fight the cause!

Monogram Queen said...

I don't think alot of people called in...... with the economy in such bad shape who would risk it?