Monday, November 24, 2008

Surprise Visit

I wasn't suppose to see Susan this weekend, but yesterday afternoon we decided we wanted to see each other. We ended up meeting at her house that is 1/2 way for both of us and it was a wonderful evening. It was kind of cold since the gas is not on in the house. When we got there it was 42degrees. Brrrr. But we managed to stay warm.

Last week Susan and I had talked and decided that I would just do a 12 month lease on my apartment since they were giving me such a good deal. (My rent was going to be lowered by almost $60/month) When I saw Susan yesterday my first question was, "What are we going to do about this distance?" She agreed that signing a 12 month lease was just crazy and that we both really want to live together. So, I called my apartment complex this morning and told them I was just going to sign a 6 month lease and then next summer Susan and I will decide what we are going to do.

I want to live in the country with Susan. As I was driving to meet her yesterday I could smell that someone was burning leaves and I was like, "I want to be able to smell that in the fall". I want to live where I don't have neighbors right on top of me and I really want a place where Sophie can go running. I know she loves our walks (and I would continue to walk her),but she is a dog with lots of energy and needs a place to just run. As much as Bonk loves the sun, she needs a place that has lots of windows where she can lay in the sun. I know we would all be happier if we were living in the country with Susan.

2009 is going to be my best year yet.

3 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Yep I agree it will be your best year yet. Isn't it funny how you want to live in the country and i'd give my eye teeth for an old house or apartment smack dab in the middle of the city!

Haaaa I just bet you kept warm. couldn't resist a little friendly ribbing!

Anonymous said...

yayyyy we kind of live in the country but close enough to a little town our town population is about 2000

MJ said...

I couldn't wait to get out of the country when I was growing up, now I will know that I will get back there someday.