Sunday, July 27, 2008

Middle of the Night Calls

This really has been the weekend for middle of the night calls for me. It all started on Thursday morning when one of my first shift techs called me at 6am. Friday morning I started getting calls at 7am. Friday night one of my techs called me at 4:30am to ask me a question that really could have waited until the morning and then this morning I got a call at 3:30am. Do you know how hard it is to wake up from a deep sleep and have to be able to make decisions?

Then this morning I got a call at 8:30am because there was an emergency situation at work. I jumped out of bed, got dressed and walked Sophie in less then 10 minutes. I ended up staying at work until close to noon. The tech that was there for the incident I took out to breakfast so she could process what happened. This tech told me that I was one of the best supervisors she has had and she also said that most of the techs love the fact that I will come in on the weekend or evenings to help them if a situation comes up. I was always taught that a good supervisor gets out there and works with you and doesn't just leave you hanging.

The last couple of weeks have been very stressful, so it was really nice hearing that this morning.

When I got home I was going to go to the pool, but I guess it's closed today. The complex held a huge pool party yesterday and even had one of those big bouncy things. I prefer the pool to be less crowded when I go, so I didn't go yesterday. I hope they are treating the pool today because there were a lot of people in it yesterday. This is the first weekend all summer that I have not gone at least one day. I am taking half a day on Friday, so I imagine I will spend most of the afternoon at the pool.

Yesterday when I was at Target I found a package of Mini-Marshmallows covered in Chocolate. If you like chocolate and marshmallows, I strongly discourage you from trying them. Oh.My.God. They are so good and so addictive. If you insist on wanting to to them, they are in the aisle with the hot chocolate. I can't wait to try them in my hot chocolate this fall.

I read a couple blogs from people that live in Alaska and most of them have talked about how cool the summer has been. Most places have only had 2-3 days where the temperature got above 60. Right now in Kansas City we are lucky if the lows are in the 70s. The only thing that gets me through these hot summers is knowing that fall is next.

A couple days I took the above picture of Sophie. She has taken to pulling all her toys out (she is very spoiled) and surrounding herself with them. When Ben tries to walk past her she then snaps at him, he goes running and she chases him. I am not sure what is funnier: the fact that Sophie keeps doing this or the fact that Ben falls for her trap every time.

2 comments:

Renaissance Woman said...

Glad you are having a good weekend...minus good sleep. Hopefully tonight will be uninterupted. I wouldn't want to live in Alaska, but I could take a couple of days out of the 90's.

Monogram Queen said...

Wow I couldn't fathom being called in the middle of the night on a regular basis. I"m afraid i'd be a "tad" bitchy!

Ben & Sophie are too sweet!!!!