Friday, July 11, 2008

Found

I went to the gym for the first time since April 2007. My complex has a workout room and I have been meaning to work out, but couldn't find the motivation. Today I woke up feeling much better and suddenly felt motivated. So after work I decided that I would go work out. I ended up doing 30 minutes on the Elliptical trainer and going 2.6 miles. Knowing that it had been so long since I worked out, I didn't expect to be able to do more then 20 minutes. But much to my surprise not only did I complete 30 minutes, I really felt like I could have gone much longer.

For now I am going to work out 30 minutes every other day, which will average 3-4 times a week. I will also be walking Sophie and doing laps in the pool

I am so excited about all the changes going on with me right now and all this motivation I seem to have found overnight.

A few days ago Sandra was asking about good workout songs. Um,for me this one is by far the best workout song....ever.

*Flag in front of my apartment.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caroline
I live in your area...call me if you ever need a close by friend...luvksu@aol.com
:)

Anonymous said...

It's hard to find motivation to work out.

For music, I like the free podcast called "Indy Soup." The tempo of the songs are chosen for a good workout pace. I also like the Nike Sport music on itunes. They commission electronic artists to put together 40-minute long songs that synch up well to a run.

My favorite exercise song right now is "The Underdog" by Spoon. Here's a youtube link.

Anonymous said...

Make that "indie soup," not "Indy."

Renaissance Woman said...

Yeah!!! I am happy that you found motivation. Good for you. Sounds like its time to do good things for yourself.

Monogram Queen said...

Keep it up you'll have us all in the shade in no time! Stop smoking.. working out! You go girl!

Minnesota Nice said...

I ended up with a pretty cool assortment for my workout mix, I'll send it to you and you can see if you like any of them!

Working out - it feels good, doesn't it.