Thursday, May 01, 2008

Life...Still Wonderful

Thank you all for your comments in yesterdays post. It seems that I have a few people that really do not like me and that is perfectly fine. I made a comment a few days ago on someones blog and the shit hit the fan from that comment. This person never asked me what I meant by my comment; instead they started insulting me and calling me nasty names. Why is it when someone is upset at you and they want to insult and you happen to be overweight, they have to add the word "fat". To me that just shows immaturity. It was those comments that made me realize that my life will still be wonderful even if I am not part of this particular blog circle. I don't think this person intended for the backlash to be so positive for me in the end.

Tonight after work I met a couple friends for dinner at a fabulous Mexican restaurant. Does life get any better when you are sharing dinner and a lot of laughs with two wonderful friends? To me it doesn't get any better.

We are having some pretty wild weather in KC. As I was driving home I heard the tornado sirens and realized we were under a tornado warning. I took these pictures as I was driving home. As we walked out of the restaurant there was that eerie tornado feeling. I got home with enough time to take Sophie for a walk before the downpour started.

I am so happy tomorrow is Friday. It's going to be a great weekend.

8 comments:

MJ said...

I'm glad you had a good evening. Stay safe in the nasty weather...I have a basement with a chewed up door if you need shelter.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Mexican food and wild weather - now I can really get into that!

Caroline said...

mj--thanks for the offer on the basement...i'll keep that in mind.

cheeky--only in the midwest can you realize you are under a tornado warning and still drive home and take pictures as you drive.

Lynilu said...

I WANT A DOWNPOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monogram Queen said...

Ah you have to overlook people. I am prone to making comments about weight and i'm far from svelte myself but I also make other mean comments. See i'm really a mean nasty bitch. You just THINK i'm nice. *wink*

You got alot of love from your friends and that includes ME!

Minnesota Nice said...

I like tornado weather, as long as nobody gets hurt - the sky gets all weird, and there's a funny feeling in the air. Kind of cool!!

Anonymous said...

Been hearing of the tornadoes in the KC area. Hope all is safe with you.

One Messed Up Chick said...

we are getting lots of rain today, hope you are doing ok!