Saturday, April 12, 2008

Random Thoughts

~So I have made it past the critical 72 hour period. It seems the cravings for a cigarette are a lot worse today. I am even thinking about going into work for a few hours today to get my mind off of smoking. I know I have come too far to turn back now and I am determined never to smoke again.

~Last night my co-workers and I got together and had a blast. I can always count on a good laugh when I am around them. One of my co-workers brought this awesome Reuben dip. If you love Reuben sandwiches, you will love this dip.

~Last night I took Sophie out for her last walk around 12:30am. As I walked past this one apartment it was very obvious that someone was having a very good time.

~I am not sure what is up with Sophie, but 3 times this week she has got me up around 6:30am to go outside. It was so much easier when I just had to open the back door and let her out. Now I have to actually get dressed when she needs to go potty.

~Barry Manilow is coming to concert at the end of this month. I really want to go, but can't seem to find anyone that wants to go with me.

~I still upset with my best friend because her lack of support in terms of me quitting smoking. When I think back to all that I have supported her through and then for me to have such a general "good luck on your smoking ban" really hurt my feelings. But then I feel guilty for being upset because I wonder if I am just being too sensitive.

~I started out the week by thinking I would not tell anyone besides a few people that I had quit smoking. Well, it seems I can't keep my mouth shut because I have told a lot of people that I have quit. I was worried that by telling people I would look like a fool if I failed, but it seems that by telling others it has actually motivated me more.

3 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

72 hours is a good thing, Yea YOU :)
I hope you have a great weekend.

Audra said...

congrats on making it this far! Keep it up!

I saw barry manilow once and man! It was SO SO SO good!!!

A social worker in the making. said...

keep up the good work just think after you buy your camera you can save to buy something else instead of hosptial bills from smoking