Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Morning Came Early

I feel like I didn't get much sleep last night. I got busy doing something and didn't get to bed until 11:30pm. I am usually in bed by 10:30, but I didn't think this extra hour would make a difference. Boy was I wrong.

At 12:30am I got a call from the security system for my work saying the fire alarm was going off at one of the residential buildings. I was half asleep when I answered the phone and I know the guy probably thought I was crazy or on something. When I first answered the phone I think I was still dreaming, but when he asked me "So you want me to take you off the list" I became more alert and wondered what I said for him to say that. I called the residential building and the tech said, "We have a fire here!". I am wide awake at this point. Come to find out, the fire alarm just went off and there was no fire. The fire department was dispatched and looked over the entire building and didn't find anything. I am thinking one of the clients was smoking in their room and that set off the alarm. I hope this will teach them not to smoke in their rooms. But after that call it was really hard falling back asleep.

Then Sadie woke me up at 5:30am to eat. I managed to get her to go back to sleep until 6:30am when I got up and fed her and Sophie and then took them for a walk.

But boy am I tired this morning. I can barely keep my eyes open. I am the only supervisor in the building today, so I am hoping I wake up soon in case someone asks me something important.

Can you guys go over and give a friend of mine some support. She is going through a really hard time right now and really needs a lot of encouragement. My heart goes out to her because I know exactly how she is feeling and going through. She needs to know that she will be OK and that she is worth it.


Patti said...

Being startled awake is very disconcerting. I think the time shift is still wreaking havoc on many as well (I know it is me!)
Off to visit your friend....

Lynilu said...

Surely the security guy wasn't so dense, AKA stupid, to think you were up waiting for his call!!! He should have given you a few seconds to wake up. Goodness!!

Yeah, like Patti, I'm still adjusting from the clock change, then throw in that in the last week I went from MDT to CDT and back again. I think it will take another couple weeks to be normal. HEY!! I meant normal in the clock mode!! sheesh.