Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Looking for Positive

I have had the blues since Monday and I can't seem to shake them. I'm not too sure what's going on, but I already miss feeling good and not feeling so negative about everything. Ugh...

Here are some of the thoughts that are going on in my mind today:

~I am really OK with being single, but there are so many things right now that I wish I had someone to share with. One of the worst feelings is feeling like I am alone. Technically I know I am not alone, but sometimes I really feel like I am fighting this battle by myself. I hate these days when I can't seem to see all the wonderful people in my life that are there for me.

~When I spend 45 minutes talking with a client and then the next day they call me a bitch, it really hurts. Sometimes I wonder about my decision to become a social worker.

~I am really angry with her right now. I got yet another bill in the mail that is her responsibility. She checked out 3 books with my library card in 2005 and lost them. I got a letter from the library saying I need to pay $105 or it will go to a collection agency. When will her surprises stop?

~The last few weeks I really think Sophie gets depressed when I leave in the morning. She was so used to having someone home during the day and I wish she could understand that I have to leave in the morning.

I am going to go home now and hopefully find that positive attitude I had just a few days ago.

8 comments:

Luna said...

Paint your toenails...I know it sounds dumb but doing that always makes you feel, I don't know, a little more special!
Just try it!

Audra said...

As odd as it may sound, I am in a relationship, and still very much feel alone :/

Have a you day!

Casey said...

(Audra, that doesn't sound odd. That's law school for you. I'm right there with you on that one.)

Caroline: One step at a time, doll. That's all you need to do. Hang in there and just keep telling yourself that it is all going to work out. It will. I believe that for you. I believe that for me.

Lynilu said...

Before I read this post, I was over working on a post of my own. I've passed an award on to you that I hope will help to off-set some of this stuff for you. It is funny that some of what you say here is exactly why I put you on my list!

Hugs, sweetie! Love you! :)

Jane said...

Hang in there. I always remind myself that tomorrow is a new day. Still, I know that feeling of loneliness and the angry feeling when someone else's actions have screwed you over....in my case, I call it "my ex husband".

Minnesota Nice said...

I hope this won't sound trite, but do you get enough B vitamins? B vitamins are essential to feeling good. I have noticed a world of change since I've started taking the max amount possible - of course it doesn't solve problems, pay bills, or find books that dizz-brains misplaced. But it seems to strengthen your health physically and mentally and promotes a feeling of well-being. Sorry my health nut ways are probably a little annoying sometimes!

Monogram Queen said...

You will find the positive .. just keep your eyes wide open.

SassyFemme said...

Is there any way you can take her to small claims court for some of these expenses?