Friday, January 25, 2008

Small World

Here's another example of it being a very small world:

My co-workers and I went to lunch today and about 30 minutes after we were seated a group came in and I looked at this one woman like, "I know her from somewhere". It took me a couple minutes and then I realized where I knew her from. Her sister has a blog that I read on a daily basis. Here's the crazy thing: her sister doesn't even live in Kansas City. I debated about whether to go up and say anything since it wasn't actually this person that had a blog. I finally decided that I would say something when we were leaving, just in case it wasn't who I was thinking it was and I made a complete fool of myself.

So when we left I went up to her and asked her if her name was ______. She said yes and had this really surprised look on her face. I then asked if she had a sister named Kim that lived in Arkansas. By this point I am sure she was thinking I was a compete freak and I know she was wondering how I knew all this stuff. I then told her that I read her sisters blog and I recognized her from there. She started laughing and said, "boy it's a small world".

It really is a small world.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Wow. You know, blogs are bigger than what people think. I was in the liquor store a year & a half ago (appx) and somebody came up to me and said, "Aren't you "Deb"?" I just stared and thought they knew me from school or whatever - and then he said, "I read your blog!!!" I was stunned, because I thought blogs weren't "popular" ---until now.

It's a small world, but it's a bigger blogging world.

Hmm.

Have a great weekend!!! Hope you're doing well!

Lynilu said...

Fun!! Being a citizen in Bloggerville shrinks it even more!!

Minnesota Nice said...

Ok yes that is weird!! I just recently had a regular commenter on my blog email me and say "Nice to see you the other day" and I was "HUH?" Turned out she was at a Christmas party I was at, she recognized me but didn't say anything at the time! I was kind of bugged that she hadn't said anything, so I guess it's best to just say hi in these situations.

Monogram Queen said...

Oh boy that would freak me out! LOL

SassyFemme said...

Oh that's totally weird!