Saturday, January 05, 2008

Small Space

This morning I went and turned in my application for the studio apartment I want to move into. It was the first time I had seen the inside of the apartment and boy is it small. I will have to sell my couch since it won't fit in there. And the bedroom area will probably be cramped as well since I have a Queen size bed. In March I should look like this picture below:

But you know what, it's OK. I have a lot of work to do between now and March because I need to really downsize all the "stuff" I have. And it's probably good that I didn't go out and spend a lot of money on a Christmas tree because there just wouldn't be room. My little 2ft tree will be perfect for next year. I know Sophie is going to love it since she will be able to lay on the bed all day and still be near me. This apartment complex also has a workout room that is open 24 hours a day. It will be great to start exercising again. The complex is filled with huge trees and it will be a great place to walk Sophie.

So now I just wait until Wednesday to see if I am approved. I am pretty sure they will approve me and I promised myself I am not going to worry about it.

2 comments:

Audra said...

I lived in a studio apartment for about a year before I moved in with Dylan. It was fairly cramped, but not so bad. I had a futon so that I could have a couch and a bed. I also had a lot of furniture from Ikea because they really have a lot that can help save space. I really wanted one of their loft beds. I still dream of having one of those for some reason lol. I have no idea why. The only problem I had with my studio was the kitchen- It was SO small. And it came with a mini fridge. It is impossible to live with one of those it seemed. I ended up getting a second mini fridge, lol. I didn't really mind it, It could have been worse and it could have been better. It was in a high rise apartment place, I think I would have liked it more if it wasn't.

Anyway, I am rambling. I wish you the best of luck with your new place.

Jen said...

I lived in studio apartments for a few years and loved them. I was very depressed at the time and my tiny apartments felt so cozy and safe. I had a futon too, which helped a lot with space and I could flip it into a couch if anyone came over.

I hope yours leaves you feeling cozy and secure, too!