Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sex Education

At the expense of myself, I am going to share a very funny story with you. It is funny now, but at the time I was a scared 16 year old.

The summer when I was 16 I was "dating" this guy from the church. One day he came over when no one was home and we started making out. Keep in mind, I was not suppose to have any boys over while my parents were not there because when you are dating someone you are never allowed alone with them. When I was dating my ex-husband we had to have someone with us at all times and even 3 weeks before our wedding my Mom yelled at me because we were in my bedroom with the door shut. Anyway.....

So Tim came over and we were making out. One thing led to another and he ended up cumming on my inner thigh. After he left I got really scared. I had heard that sperm could swim and I was terrified that they had swam up my leg and I was now pregnant. Keep in mind only about an hour had passed since Tim had left. What does a scared 16 year old Jehovah's Witness do? Why she calls Planned Parenthood of course. So I called Planned Parenthood because I know they will have the right answer for me and reassure me that there is no way I am pregnant. Instead the lady on the phone told me that there could be a chance I was pregnant. WTF????

By this point I am freaking out!!! So, I walk up to the local drug store and buy a pregnancy test. Again, keep in mind this is still the same day. I took the pregnancy test home and immediately took it and was so relieved that I was not pregnant.

The point of this story (besides to make you laugh): Please teach your kids about sex. My parents never once talked to me about sex and how you get pregnant, or how you don't get pregnant.

If you thought this story was funny, then I have a really funny one about when my ex husband and I got married.

10 comments:

Audra said...

Man oh man. I am all about proper sex education for kids, and not just the abstinence is the way kind of talks. My mom handed me a crappy book, and I remember having SO much anxiety about everything sex- related. I don't want any kids of mine having to be that anxious about that. I'd love more stories! I'll have to share some funny ones of mine.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh the stories I am sure we all could tell

Anonymous said...

None of the JW's I knew had any sex education either. Sad.

Caroline said...

audra--yes, you should share some of your stories with us...

cheeky--yea, some of the stories from our childhood are pretty funny now...

traci--i think jw's are afraid if they talk about it their kids will get ideas....little do they know that their kids are already doing things

Anonymous said...

Yeah kids today need to know. My daughter who is now 16 turns purple at the word sex but she knows. My oldest who is 18 and has had a serious gf for over a year knows as well.Teens may not like to talk about it but they know what bc and it would be good to wait until you are sure.

Lynilu said...

Ohboyohboyohboy! I can't wait to hear the one about when you got married!! LOL!!!! :D

Monogram Queen said...

Oh boy I definitely plan to be more open with my daughter than my Mother was with me.
That is funny but I bet it was damned scary!

Minnesota Nice said...

I'm sure I would have thought the same at that age, I wasn't taught any better!!

Worse though, when my grandmother was a girl, she thought she was dying of cancer or something for almost a year before another girl told her that ALL girls bleed once a month. She'd been too embarrassed to tell a soul, so she just thought she was dying.

Jen said...

ROFL!

That is so awesome and reminds me of many of the conversations I had with my fellow young scared Southern Baptists!

Sonya said...

Oh man!

We do know someone who "got pregnant and didn't have S.E.X."

Well - that is their story and they are totally sticking to it. We think it is crap.

They (their families) are also devout Catholics and premarital sex was absolutely forbidden. Seems like crazy rules to me... you can get "that close" and the man can do his thing but without - you know - it isn't actually sex!?!?!?! Whatever!