Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sad


To read more about this loss, click here.

4 comments:

Cheeky said...

Yes, he will be missed. So sad that he felt that his answer was in a bottle of pills when all he had to do was to look into the eyes of his 2 year old daughter

B.E.C.K. said...

Cheeky, please don't assume that his death was intentional. It is scarily easy to overdose on some sleep medications if one takes them over an extended period of time or under certain conditions. If one takes some sleep meds often enough, the body requires higher doses over time to acheive the desired effect. For an actor (or anyone) who travels in and out of various time zones and needs to sleep, the use of sleep meds can easily become excessive and an accident (I strongly believe HL's death was an accident) like this can easily happen. I have prescription sleep meds, but I try to use them only occasionally (and I'm not traveling, so my situation is totally different) so that I don't build up a tolerance to them. Also, some people don't realize how combining some meds, like sleep meds and allergy/cold meds, can restrict respiration and possibly cause death. Very scary. I'm so, so sorry for HL's family, ex and daughter.

Patti said...

I hope it wasn't suicidal, I hope it was a natural death and not drug related either. I always liked Heath

B.E.C.K. said...

Here's a good article that explains how antihistamines and sleep aids (there were several American and European sleep aids and one antihistamine in HL's apartment) can interact and cause death: http://www.newsweek.com/id/101112?GT1=10755