Saturday, December 01, 2007

First Christmas Party

I was thinking this afternoon that the Christmas party I am going to tonight is my first one. I can't believe I have never been to a Christmas party. Laura was not very sociable and so we never really went out except by ourselves. I am thankful that my friend invited me and now that the time is getting closer I am getting excited. My friend asked me to bring my camera so I could take some pictures. Speaking of pictures....

When Sadie was here I took lots of pictures of her. When I showed M my pictures she loved them. She then asked me to come over and take a picture of her and her boyfriend for their Christmas cards. I will be going over tomorrow to take those pictures. I wonder at what point do I start charging people. I know I can make money from some of the pictures I take, but I always feel weird charging people. I took some really good pictures of the fall colors and I know I could probably sell them and I am going through different ideas as to selling them. Since I seem to take such good pictures of dogs/cats I have thought of setting up a business where I take pictures of peoples pets. So many ideas, now I just need to sit down and get serious about all of this.

As I thought we only got rain last night and this morning. Last night on the news you would have thought we were going to have a major ice storm. Stupid weatherman. I would love to have their job. You hardly ever get your job right, but you still have a job and people still listen to you. I did get a TXT message from Katie and she was so nice to include a picture of the snow they are getting. Bitch. (you know I love you Katie)

I took a 3 hour nap this afternoon because I know it's going to be a late night. My friend asked me stay after everyone has left to help clean-up and because I am such a good friend I said I would.

My tech meeting went really well today. One of the techs that does not like me that much even told me it was a good meeting. Our company has Extra Mile awards for someone that goes above and beyond the call of duty. I decided my monthly meetings was the perfect place to present these to my techs. I am working on more praise even though most of them I want to kill on a daily basis. I guess I am trying the kill them with kindness approach. So far I think it's working.

OK, I think I have stalled enough here. The party starts in two hours and I still need to shower and I have no idea what I am going to wear.

P.S. I have no idea what happened to my header picture. Is there anyone that can help me with this? It just shrunk one day and I don't know how to change it.

6 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Yes we are getting snow. Its still snowing at 5 (now)and it started at 9:30 this morning.

Hope you have a GREAT time at your party!

yankeegirl said...

Have fun at the party! Taking pictures sounds like a great way to make some extra money.

Lynilu said...

Have fun tonight! Is this your friend who helped you paint?

Glad the meeting went well. And your tact is correct ... and if you expect the worst, that is what you'll get from them, and vice versa. So Keep the positives going, girl! EEEeeehaw!

Your header picture looks fine to me. Unless I am not remembering what it looked like before or something. It fills the whole frame and is what I think it is supposed to be. Perhaps something just in your computer or the blog home. I donno.

Audra said...

Have fun! I have my first holiday party (a work party nonetheless) this Thursday. I am already feeling very anxious already.

Bella said...

Have fun tonight!

Julie said...

I hope you had a great time!
I'm going to research your header problem this morning to see if I can find out anything.