Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Advice Needed

So R called me tonight. I was actually surprised when she did call and even more surprised as to what she asked me. She asked me if I had been talking about her on the Internet. I told her that the only thing I had mentioned about her on my blog (she knows about my blog, but I hadn't given her the address and I am confident she did not find it on her own) and that I had only said how much I liked her and how disappointed I was when she stopped calling and returning my calls. She then went on to tell me about someone (she thinks it's an ex) that is trashing her over the Internet. I told her that I was surprised she would think I would do something like that. She said she didn't think I had done it, but she was wondering if I had been talking with this person. I have no idea who this person is and um, she is the one that stopped returning my calls, not the other way around.

We talked for about twenty minutes where she reassured me that she still really likes me. She said she had been pretty sick the last couple of days. She then said she would call me back later tonight because she wanted to talk to me. She never called.

I just sent her an email telling her that one thing that I have learned this year is to not let people walk all over me. I also told her that something is not adding up here and either she likes me or she doesn't. What she is telling me (about liking me) is not adding up to how she is treating me.

Your thoughts?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're right and trusting your gut is a good idea. Bravo sweetie.

Julie said...

People do show you who they are, right? It's easy for me to give advice, but I'd probably just stay friends with this girl.
I decided a long time ago that I could never be with someone who gives the silent treatment when angry. The "not returning calls" thing is a lighter version of that, I think.

SassyFemme said...

If you're questioning her now, before even starting a relationship, imagine where it might go when if you're in a relationship with her. IMO, too many red flags, it's just not worth it.

SassyFemme said...

Oh, one more thing... if she has the email address that you posted in your profile all it takes is one quick Google and she (or anyone) is on your blog.

Bella said...

Follow your gut on this one Caroline.

Kelly Lopez said...

Everyone is right - a woman's intuition is a powerful thing. There are too many red flags. I think your e-mail was wonderful and very insightful.

yankeegirl said...

Ditto what Sassy said- you don't need any drama right now and she is sending too many mixed signals for you to put yourself out there any further.
Good job!

Monogram Queen said...

I say you are right on the money calling her out on "she says she likes you but the way she is acting is not adding up".

Casey said...

I agree with everyone else.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Trust you gut and move on. I wouldn't even bother contacting her at all.

Kerry said...

Follow your gut.We know you like her but she is acting weird already. Not a good sign.

Minnesota Nice said...

Too much DRAMA! Run away as fast as you can.

Anonymous said...

You're a substance abuse counselor and what applies to your patients applies to the rest of the world. When there is a discrepency between what people and how they behave, the behavior is the real truth.