Monday, October 29, 2007

Hope

I guess I really needed sleep this past weekend. I slept 8 hours Fri-Sun night and then on Saturday and Sunday took a 3 hour nap. I thought for sure that I was going to have trouble sleeping last night, but I had no trouble at all. I was up for about 30 minutes early this morning. Around 1am (I think) the dog next door woke both me and Sophie up. Now when something wakes me up I just open my eyes. Not Sophie. She started barking and went to the open window barking her lungs out. I told her to lay back down and she was good for about 3 hours, but then decided she needed to go outside. I got up and let her out and laid on the couch waiting for her. I then got all paranoid that someone had opened the gate and she was out running in the street. So I went upstairs, got dressed and proceeded to chase her around the back yard for 15 minutes. She did not want to come in. She thought I was playing a game and kept running from me. I know we did nothing all weekend and I think she had a lot of energy built up and she decided at 4am to get it all out. When my alarm went off I felt completely refreshed. For the first time in months I drove to work wide awake. It was nice.

Please say a prayer for a friend of mine. She is going through a lot right now and is so desperately searching for peace in her life. I know she could use the extra prayers right now.

I woke up this morning with hope. I think all my praying over the weekend has helped. Today I feel excited about my future. I may not know what is in store, but I keep going back to that sermon I heard yesterday....Each day I wake up breathing, there is a lot goodness in my future.

It's been a while since I have had hope. I am going to hang onto it as long as I can.

6 comments:

Bella said...

Good for you!

I love waking up refreshed.

Lynilu said...

Sometimes we just seem to need more sleep than others. Always take advantage when that happens. It feels so good, doesn't it?

That Sophie! She did that to me a time or two when I was "babysitting"!! And I swear she was grinning!

Casey said...

Sleep. Nice. Catch a few hours for me, too, ok? :)

Glad you are getting lots of rest.

Caroline said...

katie--there is nothing worse then waking up even more tired then when you went to sleep.

lynilu--i don't doubt that sophie was grinning when she played that game with you. she does that to me all the time and it drives me crazy...and she knows that.

casey--will do. :)

Holly said...

Good for you!!!

Monogram Queen said...

I don't know what waking up feeling refreshed is.....