Saturday, October 27, 2007

Elevator

I had the strangest dream last night. I got on an elevetor at work and tried to go to the 21st floor. As soon as I pressed the 21st floor I realized that we only have 3 floors. I tried to press floor 2 but the elevator kept going. Once it got up to the 21st floor it kept going. I was terrified in my dream because I felt like I was going to go flying through the roof. But it just kept going. All I could do was pray. The longer I stood there the more comfortable I came with the fact that it was not stopping and that I was probably going to go through the roof.

And then I woke up.

As soon as I woke up this dream fascinated me. It was so weird how I knew that I had no control and the more I accepted that fact the more comfortable and at ease I became.

This afternoon I was still thinking about that dream wondering what it meant. So I got online and did a little bit of research about elevator dreams. If you dream that you are in an elevator that is falling you feel out of control with your feelings and emotions. If you dream that you are going up in an elevator it means you are moving up in your career and/or personal life. One site even said that if you are going through difficult times right now and then dream you are going up in an elevator it means the problems are going to be over soon. I hope so.

This past week was not the best for me personally or at work. I am having a lot of difficulty with my techs and sometimes I really feel like I am dealing with a bunch of 12 year olds. There's gossiping, eye rolling (I now know why my Dad hated it when I would roll my eyes) and other typical behavior of a 12 year old. I have a supervisor below me that I have tried and tried to work with these past six months. She decided on Monday to step down from her position. A huge part of me is very relieved, but the other part knows I have a lot more work until I can get someone else hired. Since I got off work yesterday at 2:30, I have received 16 calls from my techs. Sometimes I think it would just be easier to be there 24/7. As much as I sometimes complain, I still love my job and I love the challenge. In my last job I was bored for 2 years. I guess I am now paying for all those days where the only thing I did was read blogs.

To kind of cheer myself up I went to the thrift store today to look for some pants. It's been so long since I have bought myself any clothes. And since I am lacking in funds I decided to go to the thrift store. I got 2 pairs of pants and a shirt for $15. Not too bad. Oh, and one of my pants is Polo.

And because I pushed myself to go out and shop for clothes (I hate shopping for clothes), mowed the yard and picked up the house I downloaded a song to reward myself for not sleeping all day. For some reason hearing Bruce Springsteen's Santa Claus is Coming to Town always makes me happy. And according to Walmart, it is officially the Christmas Season.

Oh, and seeing (and kissing) this face always makes things not seem so bad.

8 comments:

Audra said...

That song ALWAYS gets me in a Christmas mood. It's one of my all time favorites. I love the roughness in his voice, and the bells in the background.

I hope things get better with the techs! Maybe you could create a detention room? lol

Lynilu said...

A world with Sophie in it can't be bad, right? I'm glad your troubles are soon going to be over!! And Christmas is coming! New clothes! Wow, girl!! Your world is awesome!! :)(: :)(: :)(:

Caroline said...

audra--hey, that's not a bad idea about the detention room. when i was still a jw I secretly loved to listen to x-mas music and that song has always been one of my favorites

lynilu--you are so right...my world can never be that bad with sophie in it.

yankeegirl said...

AAACCK! It's Christmas season?!!
lol If Wal-mart had their way, it would ALWAYS be Christmas season!
I'm glad you were able to accomplish so much yesterday that is such a good thing! You should be proud of yourself. Have a great Sunday.

SassyFemme said...

If I hadn't read what you researched on the elevator I would have thought it meant things are looking up and the sky's the limit for you. :)

Caroline said...

yankeegirl--you know, if it were up to me it would always be Christmas season. :)

sassy--i really wasn't sure, but i was relieved to see that it could mean things are about to get better

Bella said...

Don't talk about Christmas. I'm not ready!

Monogram Queen said...

I LOVE thrift stores. I get alot of Polo and other good brand names there also.
I don't like elevators..