Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Winds of Change

The next two weeks are going to bring a lot of change to my life. And I couldn't be more excited about that change.

MG and I have decided to move in with each other. We instantly clicked in a way that is really hard to explain. It was not rushed in any way. We took the time to get to know each other and it felt good doing things this way instead of rushing into something that was doomed from the very beginning. I think we were dating for 2 weeks before we even kissed, so to say we took things slow would probably be an understatement.

MG asked me (and all my babies) to move in with her probably 2 weeks ago. We decided to move in with each other, but to give our relationship a little bit more time before actually taking that step.

So, two weeks from this Friday (28th) the moving truck will be here to move all of us. I am so happy to be moving in with MG and I look forward to seeing her on an everyday basis. Right now we are about 40 minutes away from each other, but we are usually so exhausted from work that we do not see each other during the week. I can't wait to come home to her each night and know that come Sunday I don't have to leave her.

MG has taught me so much in the last 5 weeks. The most important thing she taught me is I am worth it. Seriously, the last 6 months I was feeling like a piece of crap. I felt like I was losing everything. I had lost Laura, I was going to be losing my house and once again I had to say goodbye to a family (Laura's family). Right when I had decided to step away from the dating scene, MG showed up and really took my breath away. She left me speechless. I never knew someone could love me as deeply and as genuine as she did/does. I think in the beginning I was afraid to talk about it on my blog because I felt that if I talked about it I would jinx it. I have never been more wrong in my life. I was afraid to share my blog with her. I didn't think it was possible to still love me after reading what I went through the last six months. (wow, that sounds horrible that I once thought that) Again, I was very wrong. I have learned that by opening up and allowing MG into my life and heart has only made things better. Life is better with her as part of it. And my heart is getting that tenderness it so desperately needs right now.

I still have some work to do on healing everything that has happened. I don't think I could have found a better person to help me heal from all my hurts. MG gives me love when I need it, space when I need it and silence when I need it.

I started 2007 out by thinking that April 16 was going to be a Good Day.

I was off by 5 months and 12 days.

September 28 is going to be a Good Day.

21 comments:

Bella said...

Good for you!

I am soooo happy for you! All the best!

Kerry said...

That is just awesome! Are you going to tell us how you met MG?

KellyNerd said...

congratulations girl. i am so very happy for you ...

SassyFemme said...

I'm smiling so big reading this right now! I've been kind of wondering when this might happen.

I second what Kerry said, how did you guys meet???

Anonymous said...

Yay!

Casey said...

Oh that's so great - congratulations!!! :)

Caroline said...

katie--thank you so much. mg and i are pretty excited about it

kerry--i guess i'll have to do a post about that. :)

kellynerd--thank you, we are both happy as well

sassy--we've known about this for a few weeks, but i decided last night was the time to tell everyone

traci--i second that yay

casey--yes, it is good in so many ways.

Audra said...

That is so great! I got goosebumps reading it- things will be GREAT! MG sounds like such a fabulous person, and a much needed addition into your life!!!

Patti_Cake said...

I am so very happy for you and I will need your new address. Now if we can just get that pesky house sold for you. I am so glad you are moving somewhere that you don't have to give up any of your furbabies either. I have an ear-to-ear grin right now!!!

Caroline said...

audra--so sweet that you got goosebumps. we are very happy and just can't to be under the same roof

patti--i am so thankful that she loves all my furry friends. i am sad about astro, but not much i can do about that now. i think mg loves my pets as much as i do. and her love is not superficial like laura's was.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

YEAH FOR YOU!!!!

Shannon said...

Congratulations!!

Caroline said...

cheeky--thanks for the Yay!!

shannon--thank you..we are pretty excited about this decision.

amy h said...

Good! It's nice to see some good news around here. :) I know the 40-minute commute to see each other is no fun. For a couple years, Chris was downtown and I was in Olathe, and I thought I was going to fall asleep on the road many Sunday nights!

Caroline said...

amy--you think you're happy for some good news..imagine how i am feeling. :):)

Lynilu said...

YAY!!!! This one I approve of!! And I'm glad you be out of the hood, too. I'll feel much better about your safety in the new neighborhood and with MG close by. Whew! :) :) :) I'm just grinnin' all over myself!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Caroline, that is so sweet what you wrote about me and about us! I am sitting here in my T shirt and underpants just crying (but in a good way). They are happy tears, you know?!

You know, I cannot put my finger on exactly what it is about you that moves me so. I think it is perhaps a combination of all your traits, gifts, and quirks. But I do know that I love you very much.

And I know I am counting the days until the 28th when we will be together always. It always rips my heart out when I have to watch you and Sophie head out for the drive back home on Sundays. I will be so happy when this house becomes our home together. You make it a home! Before it was pretty much just a house.

We are a great team now, and I think that partnership will grow ever stronger in the future! I am very stoked about it all!

Love,
Your MG

One Messed Up Chick said...

Well I guess i will need a new address to send you weird and funny things to now, How about giving MG a different name now ??? :)

Chelle said...

Congratulations to both of you.

Holly said...

OMG!!!!! I can't believe it!
How wonderful! Congrats!

Pregnant In Texas said...

Awww...How cute is that MG? :)

Wow, what a great post about the two of you.

I can't believe anyone is actually wondering about how you two met...I mean, how does anyone meet anymore? I was at a bachelorette party last weekend of a woman that used to read my blog. Everyone at the party had to get up in and said how we knew the bride-to-be. I told the room that I met the blushing bride on adultfriendfinder.com in 2004 and that we've never been happier.

Fortunately, most of the women in the room had a good sense of humor.