Sunday, September 16, 2007

St. Joseph Statue

Boy it's been a good weekend. Busy, but a lot of fun. MG and I started the weekend out early on Saturday morning by taking my Accord to Honda for an oil change and to see why the brake light was on. It kind of hit home that I am moving when they asked for my address. As we were giving them my information I hear this really loud honking coming from a car. I turn around and it's my LuLu. I laugh and say "Yea, that's my car acting up." It was almost as if I was dropping her off at daycare and she was voicing her desire to not stay. As we left I told the guy, "Take care of LuLu." He smiled and said he would, but I am sure he was thinking I was kind of crazy. LuLu was done less then an hour later and I am thankful that I took it to Honda. In May when I got my oil change at Firestone, they told me my brake fluid needed to be flushed. The guy at Honda told me that they don't recommended that for Honda and can actually cause damage. Honda recommended I replace the brake fluid and replace the sensor in the brake fluid thingy. (Can you tell I know nothing about cars?) Firestone wanted to charge me $150 for the flushing of the brake fluid. Yesterday it only cost $126 and that included a oil change.

Then MG and I ran around and did some errands and by 3pm were taking a much needed nap. It was the perfect day for a nap.

I look forward to the day when I stay there all the time. It sucks having to come back on Sunday, but I only have one more weekend where I have to leave her come Sunday.

This morning when I got back home I decided to bury the St. Joseph statue that MG bought me.
Here is the statue. I am hoping it will work better then my Realtor.
And here is the statue buried. It was suggested to bury it with his feet facing heaven and to face it away from the house, toward the new house. Before I covered it back up I made sure it was at a more upright position. When the house sells you are suppose to take it with you and continue to praise and thank St. Joseph. I told MG that if this works, this St. Joseph statue will be on the mantel above the fireplace. Did I mention how excited I am to have a fireplace???? Yea, I am pretty excited.

I usually get a second wind around 10pm and last night MG witnessed that first hand. I decided we needed to go out to Walmart to get Sophie a new leash. I am horrible to take to the store. I am like a little kid and usually find 5 or 6 other things that I just have to have. What should have been a $20 trip to Walmart turned out to be almost $80. I am thinking that MG will soon say she will go to the store by herself. :)

Well, I have some more packing to do because I just know my St. Joseph statue will work.

One last thing.....

Sometimes this person says exactly what I am thinking but unable to find the words. It's amazing that someone you think handles everything perfectly sometimes has bad days as well.
I aspire to be just like this this person.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's to St Joe helping to give the house the old heave ho'!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures of the Saint Joseph statue were so dang cute! I just sat here at my computer and laughed and laughed. Poor Oliver must think I've lost it. You know for sure I will say the prayer to Saint Joseph nightly! Let's get that house sold!

And I hate it too when you have to leave here on Sundays. It's the most difficult time of my entire week. Pretty soon those days will be behind us, Caroline! Color me ecstatic!

Love,
MG

Julie said...

I really miss "Starting Over." I used to Tivo that show and really pay attention to what the life coaches were saying, and she was my favorite.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I have never heard of burying St. Joseph but I hope it works for ya!

Holly said...

I hope St. Joseph brings you the right karma for a quick sale!

Lynilu said...

Here's hoping the St. Joseph statues does his miracle, but in the meantime, don't forget your own visualization power. Have you watched The Secret lately? I'll keep the whole thing in my meditations. :)

It will happen.

Patti_Cake said...

Good luck with St Joseph!

St Anthony always helps me find things that are lost but i'm careful not to abuse his help!