Monday, August 27, 2007

Not Too Much



This is about all I have today. As I was driving back from lunch I noticed this car and for some reason it really made me laugh. You know someone is really pissed that their car was seized and now a KCMO Cop is driving around in it. HaHa. Oh well...

I really don't have that much to write about today. My life is going good, I am happy and my future looks really good from this view. It is amazing how well taking things slow feels. Before when I would find someone that I really liked it seemed over before it even started. Things are so different with MG. We talk and see each other, but we are not letting this new relationship take up our entire lives. Does that make sense? Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with her and talking with her on the phone, but I am not neglecting the rest of my life. The start of this relationship feels so different then any relationship I have ever had. Somehow I know that just because I do not see her 24/7, we have a long time to get to know each other and enjoy each others company.

So, I am sorry that this is kind of a boring post. Things are going well at work, in my love life, with my friends and with me in general. It feels really good to feel this good. Feeling good was definitely worth the wait.

10 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

Every city should do that, that's genius!!

My last relationship started out in the same healthy, well-paced manner...I don't know, in the end it comes down to whether both people want the same things, and are honest with each other - I'm thinking now that fast or slow doesn't really matter as much as those two things.

You're a few months ahead of me in this process right now though!

Bella said...

Good for you!

Yet another thing to add to the drugs are bad list.

KellyNerd said...

What a positive uplifting post... and a healthy way to start a relationship ...

Julie said...

I don't think a happy Caroline is a boring Caroline! It's great to hear the good stuff too-:)

amy h said...

I think a maintainable pace in the beginning is a good thing! I am always suspect of couples who are too flowery and romantic -- it seems like things are doomed to me. :) (I'm not as cynical as that sounds.)

Caroline said...

sandra--i thought what they put on the car was brillant as well...

katie--i am thinking of printing out this pic and putting it up somewhere at work. the ones that do have cars very value their cars...this might make them rethink them

kellynerd--it is so refreshing how this relationship is starting out...

julie--i loved your comment...thank you..i need to remember that the happy caroline is just as fun as the dramatic one

amy--i totally agree with you. the ones that move too fast always is a sign of trouble for me

yankeegirl said...

Caroline- you deserve it! Enjoy!

Holly said...

I love that truck!

Good for you! I am so glad that you are feeling good and happy!! You deserve it!

Patti_Cake said...

Hey - boring is good. No drama is GOOD! Yay for you!

I would buy a drug seized vehicle in a minute. Everybody around here who drives a nice vehicle is a thug. Ugh.

Unknown Me said...

NEVER underestimate the value of taking things slow. I think a LOT of relationships fail because each person puts their SELF aside and makes the other person their all. You need to keep YOU in priority too! You're a smart one!!

And that picture is hilarious!!!