Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Morning

For some reason today is really dragging. I can't seem to get motivated to work, although there is not that much work to do since I pretty much did 2 months worth of work last week. So this morning I decided to go to Costco to pick up something for one of our units. I pulled in the parking lot at 9:45am and it was empty. Who knew that Costco doesn't open until 11am? Obviously not me. I then spotted a 7-11 and thought an Slurpee sounded really good. This particular 7-11 is in a really rough part of Kansas City. Once I got my Slurpee I saw a Taquito that looked really good and was calling my name even though I was still full from breakfast. As I stood waiting in line the guy in front of me was very upset that his 3 huge drinks, 2 Taquitos and candy bar was $9. He got into an argument with the cashier and by the time he was leaving he yelled to the cashier, "I hate you." She responded back with a friendly "I hate you too". I was already prepared to duck in case someone pulled out a gun. As I got in my car and drove away I took a sip of my Slurpee. I think they had marked them wrong because the one I had tasted like Bubble Gum instead of Coke. Then I got to thinking about Sandra's post and I wondered if there was something else in my Slurpee. My Taquito was really good though.

I then came back to my office and tried to figure out something to do other then surf the net and smoke. It's weird because my last job I had sooo much free time. This job keeps me pretty busy, so when I do have an extra minute or to it feels weird to me.

About 11am I decided to make my second trip to Costco. After walking around Costco for 30 minutes dreaming of how one of the flat screen TV's would look in my house I left and decided I needed to find something for lunch. Keep in mind, I am not that hungry, but I knew I would be hungry come 1pm. I spotted this cute little Jamaican restaurant and looked pretty good. I thought I would give it a try. Oh, what a bad idea that was. I ordered a Beef Wrap and could not have been more disappointed.


There were a total of 3 slices of beef in it and the rest of cabbage. Seeing all that cabbage brought back horrible memories of the one time I tried the Cabbage Diet.


It's getting close to 1pm and I am starting to get hungry. I guess there is always the vending machine.

5 comments:

Lynilu said...

Uh-oh!! You ARE bored! You're browsing for food!! Stop it!!!! Now I'm hungry.

Caroline said...

lynilu--LOL you are so funny. It's now 2:30 and I am starving. Looks like my lunch will come from the vending machine. :)

Bella said...

I love Costco. I could spend all day wandering there. Yes, I am a nerd.

Kerry said...

Hum that is interesting. When I first looked I thought it was shrimp and then read the stuff. Ugh. I am now hungry lol.

Julie said...

We had similar days yesterday - I left work early with not much to do and spent a while at Costco picking up groceries. At some point I think I'm saving money on certain things, but cannot make it out of there for under 100.00. Hmmm.