Monday, July 23, 2007

What Happened to STL?

I have had several people ask me what has happened to STL. So for all of you that are curious here is the story.

STL was pretty upset with me when I told her that I felt like I could not be in a serious relationship at this time. It took her a couple weeks to adjust to the fact that we were just friends. I felt like crap having to tell her that we would only be friends, but knew that I had to do that for me. STL and I remain really good friends. We've had our ups and downs like most friends do, but overall we are still really good friends. In fact, she is taking 2 days off work next week to come and help me move. Her being there helping me is making the move so much less stressful for me. The only thing she asked for in return for helping me was some of KC's great BBQ. I think I can arrange that.

Yesterday was kind of a rough day for me, but what Sunday isn't. I had to go into work for a couple hours to complete fire drills at the resident apartments. After I left I was called 8 different times. And it was for stupid stuff. I am taking 3 hours comp time from yesterday considering I was there and then they kept calling me.

After I completed the fire drills I went to my gym to cancel my membership. I haven't been since the end of April and the new apartment has a fitness center. For some reason the gym Laura and I belonged to is very depressing for me. I think part of the reason is we spent so much time there together the last few months we were together. As I walked in would you believe the song they were playing was their song. I was like, WTF. Even more reason to not have to go back to that gym. Maybe one day I will be able to go back there, but right now I just can't. (and for those who care their song is Far Away by Nickleback. Do you realize how many songs have been ruined for me)

I ended up taking a 3 hour nap yesterday. I was worried that I would not be able to sleep last night and I was right. I was still up around 1:30am. But when the alarm went off this morning I felt completely refreshed and ready to take on the world again.

This week will be spent cleaning the house. Everything is packed that is going and I am learning to live out of boxes.

Oh, and over the weekend I was looking at different bumper stickers and came across the following that have to do with Jehovah's Witness'. Now if I just had the courage to put them on my car.
1) I'm Jehovah...And you didn't witness shit
2) Jehovah's Witness Relocation Program
3) Proud member of the EXJW fan club.

I may not have courage to put them on my car, but I am sure I could muster up enough courage to put them on a couple other cars.

**If you are interested in any of these bumper stickers click HERE. They have bumper stickers, shirts and other stuff for any religion or topic. Check it out, it's fun. OH, and I forgot my favorite bumper sticker: "Go Ahead Shun Me".

11 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

Love the bumper stickers :) very cute.
Good friends are always nice to have, I am glad STL can help you move. It will go easier.

Holly said...

Love the bumber stickers!
I think it's great that STL is helping you move! Best of luck!

Unknown said...

I moved last Friday....boy oh boy I hate moving...glad you have help :)

Casey said...

HA! The bumper stickers are funny! :) Good luck with the big move and thanks so much for the update. Glad you two were able to stay friends.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find the bumper stickers?

Caroline said...

eye--yes good friends are a great part of life. it will go a lot easier with her help

holly--thanks for the wish of luck on the move. i am now just praying for good weather

luvksu--i hate moving as well. i used to always say that i hated moving so much that i was going to die in this house. oh well..

casey--there were several people asking about stl, so i thought i would give an update. she thought it was so nice that people were asking about her

traci--i knew you would appreciate the bumper stickers. i added a link to the site

Lynilu said...

I like the bumper stickers! Wouldn't you love to stick one on your mom's car? giggle! I'm glad STL is helping you move. I was kinda worried about you. I knew you could get it done, but I was afraid you'd be exhausted. And I'm also glad you can be friends. Never too many friends in this world.

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

I don't know how you managed it. I'm not friends with any of my exes. Bravo for you!

Patti_Cake said...

Glad you & STL remain friends and who knows what the future holds when you are ready. I wish Stacy & I lived closer and could help you move. We will be sorting for a few more weeks but all will be done.
Sad about the gym but hey using the apt one will save you some money.
I love the idea of putting bumper stickers on OTHER peoples cars hehe..... LOVE IT.

Bella said...

I'm glad you two are able to continue a friendship.

SassyFemme said...

Good to hear that you and STL are still friends. Love the bumper stickers!