Saturday, July 28, 2007

Untitled

It hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday morning.

I have been waiting for this realization for 5 months.

It only took one phone call that was less then 5 minutes long.

I truly believe it was a moment that has changed the course of my life.

When Laura finally started being honest about her whole affair with Sharon she explained it to me this way:

"I feel like Sharon is who I have been waiting for my entire life. She just gets me and I have never had anyone get me like she gets me. I feel free to be me with her. We have a connection that I have never had with anyone else."

No wonder I went into complete shock when Laura and I broke up. Laura has told me things about the reason we ended that I would not tell someone that I really disliked, let alone loved.

I felt an obligation to be nice to her and not show my anger or disappointment. Somewhere along the line I learned to put my feelings aside for someone else.

It may appear that Laura and Sharon won, but things aren't always the way they appear.

Laura may have felt that she was the one that was set free, but in reality it was me.

8 comments:

sassytriv said...

I loved this post. It so reminds me of my situation with my x. It has only been 6 weeks but I already feel "set free". Thanks for helping me to see it this way.

SassyFemme said...

You're free to soar, and you're already on that journey!

Caroline said...

sassytriv--i find it amazing how much i feel set free. sorry to hear about you and your ex, but it sounds like you are doing really good

sassy--yes i am already on that journey. lynilu and i were talking last night about how the two of us have been on such a wonderful journey the last couple of years. life is never boring..that's for sure

Anonymous said...

how does it feel to breath the fresh air?

Lynilu said...

Good morning, and welcome (back) to the (real) world!

Good for you!

Casey said...

Congrats for finding peace and Lynilu is right - "Welcome back!"

Caroline said...

anonymous--it feels great, thanks for asking. it's weird having my blog as private, so i know everyone that reads, but i still get an anonymous comment? why not introduce yourself...

lynilu--thanks for the warm welcome

casey--i am feeling good and excited that too much of me was not lost in the process

Patti_Cake said...

Yes you are now free to fly with the eagles after escaping from ahem, what is increasingly looking like a "turkey" to me. Sorry just my viewpoint!