Sunday, July 29, 2007

Perfection

All of the packing is done. We are all ready to leave and now we are just waiting for the movers to show up at 11am on Friday. I can't wait to unpack and not be living out of boxes, eating off of paper plates and not knowing where anything I own is.
Sophie and I spent some time outside today (even though it was so humid) and as you can see she enjoyed the day running in the yard. When motivated by a stray cat or squirrel Sophie can really run fast. (It's the border collie in her) From this picture it looks like I might have a Greyhound in training.

My sweet girl. This is my new favorite picture of her. I love all the green behind her.
And on Sunday....Sophie rested.


And here's Bonk's view on all the pictures of Sophie.


I had the best Sunday ever. I got up this morning and treated myself to a treat. For the first time in months I went out and bought myself something. For so long I have been just buying things I needed, nothing I wanted. It felt good. I had lunch with one of my best friends and then enjoyed a cold beer on her back deck. Life doesn't get much better then this. Good food+good conversation+2 cold Corona's=Perfection.

It's amazing how good peace and freedom feel.

5 comments:

Lynilu said...

Hmmm, I just realized that Sophie won't have a yard to run in now! But it will be good for you both to walk together. Buy her a harness so she doesn't pull so much on the collar and choke herself. It will be safer for you both.

Good pictures. Sophie is such a pretty dog. And sweet little Bonk. Is there a home for Brady? (fingers are crossed!)

Sonya said...

I'm so glad you had an awesome Sunday!

Patti_Cake said...

I'm going to go shopping this coming week-end and buy some stuff just for me~me~me~ Glad you had an awesome week-end! Sophie dog is so lucky to have an owner who loves her like you do. (as are the kitties also)

Bella said...

Patios, beer & good friends, the perfect combination.

Caroline said...

lynilu--i wish i could get sophie to understand that she needs to love the yard as much as possible now, but when I do try to explain things to her she just falls asleep. no new home for brady yet. he will come with me until we find something for him.

sonya--it's rare for me to have such a good sunday. i tried something different this sunday..i woke up with the attitude that it was going to be a good day...and suprise it was

patti--it's been so long since i have shopped just for me. it felt great and i know it really helped my attitude

katie--you are so right on that one. this friend has a hot tub and if it hadn't been so hot you know i would have been in there as well