Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Top Spot



The benefits of working with such a diverse group of people is you get to find out all the really good places to eat. One of my techs was telling me about this place down the street from where I work that has the best polish sausage. I am always on the look for the perfect polish sausage. I think I might have found it.

I work in the middle of the inner city. There are some places that are kind of scary. The Top Spot is a local convienance store that I would have never stopped in before. As I pulled up today there were a group of five or six grown men just standing on the corner. Oh, and there was a prostitute standing by the front door as I walked in. Once inside the place was very nice and I could see the polish sausages. I knew I had found the right place.

Oh. My. God. I just ate my polish sausage and it was heavenly.

I can't wait for lunch tomorrow.

3 comments:

Holly said...

When I lived outside of Philly, it was always those "kinda scary" places that had the best food.

Lynilu said...

Yeah, having the courage to walk in is worth it! But don't go on your way home from work. That time of day the dynamics of the crowd is very different. And you're the wrong color to be accepted after 4:00!

Patti_Cake said...

LOL @ the scary places. Honey they are a way of life near where I live! but the sad part if there is no good food payoff.