Monday, July 16, 2007

Laura Drama

Last week I talked with Laura about her coming to town for work and to get Bonk. Out of no where she said, "do you know anyone that would want to keep her. I am not sure I want to bring her down here with me because of what happened to Sophie cat and I can't afford another huge vet bill." I told her that I was already struggling to find a home for Astro. She then had the fucking nerve to ask if I would call my parents to see if they would take Bonk. Yea, OK, I am going to call the people that hate me the most and who I have not had a decent conversation with in 3+ years and see if they want to take my cat. By the end of the conversation she said she would still take Bonk with her.

I got this weird feeling over the weekend like Laura was going to call me and tell me she could not take Bonk. So I called her this morning and she told me, "I don't want to bring Bonk down here with me."

What a fucking bitch. I have 2 fucking weeks before I am to move and she tells me she can not take Bonk.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I did tell Laura that that is fine because I do not want Bonk with someone that does not want her.

I told Laura that I was not surprised since she rarely follows thru with anything. She did not understand why I would say that. I told her all she had to do was to look around at the house and all the unfinished projects she started and she would know what I meant.

I feel sorry for her and I am so glad that I am not her and living her miserable life. She may be happy now, but all of this will catch up with her one day.

To make matters worse I still have to see her when she comes to get rest of her stuff from the house. It's been 4 fucking months since we were over. I told her she needed to come get rest of her crap out of the house.

She is going to be surprised at the new assertive Caroline when she comes to town.

*Edited* I will be keeping Bonk since she is 20 years old. I now need to find homes for Astro and Brady, both who are 12. It's not going to be easy since most people don't want to adopt an older cat even though both Brady and Astro are in excellent health.

8 comments:

Patti_Cake said...

Give her hell Caroline! I would have already gave her stuff to the Salvation Army. I'm mean like that.
I hate that you are having the problem with finding the cats a home. That really really sucks.

Holly said...

Good for you! I am so proud of the new assertive Caroline. She was probably shocked when you told her she never follows through on anything.

Sorry about the Bonk situation. I hope you can find her a loving home.

Lynilu said...

I just typed a whole long message and then, in a heat of fury about Laura, I hit some key and lost it!! Damn.

Well, I say dump her crap in the garage and let her take it from there. And I hope it rains and everything gets wet!

I'm so sorry about the babies. I understand about keeping Bonk, but poor Astro and my buddy Brady. How about putting a notice up at WW? Do they do that? And go to all the vets in the neighborhood and beyond about them. I think all vets have those boards.

I'm furious at Laura. And to think I listened to her whine during the breakup and tried to smooth things over. A POX ON YOU, LAURA!!!

There, I feel better.

Parker said...

Sigh, I just drove 670 miles and I'm back in Ohio for 2 weeks. I am glad you will keep Bonk, a change in people would do her no good. 20 years old is not the time to change humans on a kitty. Caroline, I would not take Brady and Astro to WW at this time of year. They are over-run with kitties and since they are 12...well...they would have to stay in S&Q for 24 hours (as long as you had up-to-date medical records) and pass a behavioral test. It's $35 dollars to surrender a cat - so there's $70 right there. Did you try Craigs list? Noah's Ark Vet (Brookside), (KC Cat Clinic Waldo)? Make a colored flier and go to vet's offices, they will post. But a humane society at this time of year is a very, very bad idea. I'd take them with me and lie my butt off about how many Kitties I had if I were you. The thought of those 2 kitties having nowhere to go breaks my heart. Laura sux and those cats did nothing to deserve this except be born. I hate to say it, but in the eyes of the general public, 12 is old for a cat. I wish I could be of more help. Finding them a good home won't be easy, but I think they are worth it. Good luck to you, and Brady and Astro.

Anonymous said...

I would have already packed her shit up and put it outside. When my ex flipped out and ended up in the psych ward, I packed his stuff and delivered it to the hospital before he was discharged. (yes, there is much more to the story) You are much more patient than I my dear.

I have two daughters who would love to take care of your kitties however we live 2000 miles away from you!

I have several comments about Laura however I am trying to be adult and keep them to myself.

I'm thinking of you. {{{Caroline}}}

Bella said...

Good for you!

Good luck finding homes for the kitties.

Minnesota Nice said...

Ok, up until now I've understood that breakups are hard and sad, and that you two were having a fairly 'normal' one, etc. etc. but now I'm pissed! She said she was taking Bonk and there's really no excuse for changing her mind at this late hour, and leaving you to scramble to figure out how to do the right by the kitties. And of course YOU WILL do right by them. Oh I hope you can find friends, or friends of friends, to take them, so that you can still know how they are...man that really sucks.

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

How horrible for you and poor Bonk. I hope and pray you find a home for your other fur babies. I agree that Craigslist is a wonder.

btw, you have an amazing gift for names.