Thursday, June 21, 2007

Prayers for Sophie Cat

Laura just called me and Sophie cat is not doing good.

When Sophie left here she had a pretty bad infection in her ear. The vet in KC said it was ok for her to travel, but to take her to the vet when she got to Shreveport. Laura was suppose to take her tomorrow morning to the vet, but this morning Sophie woke Laura up at 5:30am. When Laura looked at her her left eye was all white. It was as if the eye had rolled back completely.

Laura got her to the vet and turns out this infection has damaged some of the nerves in her eye. She is having surgery tomorrow morning to correct the problem. The vet does not know if she can save the eye.

Please say lots of prayers for Sophie cat. (and for Laura for that fact)

7 comments:

Casey said...

Oh No! I'm so sorry. Poor, poor Sophie. :(

One Messed Up Chick said...

Oh my goodness, everyone will be in my prayers!!!! Sending healing vibes to sophie cat!!!

Parker said...

No! I hope that Sophie will be OK. How awful for her!

yankeegirl said...

love and prayers for Sophie!

Monogram Queen said...

I am so sorry for poor Sophie. I hope she gets well with no lasting problems!

Minnesota Nice said...

If it is Horner's Syndrome, the eye will heal in a few weeks, it is as a result of the original ear problem. My cat had this, it looks worse than it is, I don't think it is painful. They should treat the ear and give drops for the eye. Don't worry, it should be ok.

Lynilu said...

Ohhhhh, poor Sophie Cat. Please pass on my well-wishes for her. I'm really sorry to hear about this.

:'(