Friday, June 29, 2007

My Friends



Yesterday I was talking about how I have really won in the boss department. Well, it seems God decided to show me another lesson today. I knew this, but God showed me today how I have really won in the friends department. I had a friend send me a brand new IPOD and new microwave today. Laura took the microwave we had and the only one I could afford was the cheap one at Walmart. Well, this week while I have been using it I noticed that 2 of my plates suddenly cracked while I was heating something up. I mentioned this to my friend. She sent me a new microwave because she was afraid the one I had was going to catch fire. As for the IPOD.....I love music and have always wished that I could take all the music I have downloaded with me in the car and other places. I would have never spent this kind of money on myself. After opening the packages today I was speechless. It made me realize that I have some of the best friends out there. Yes, my parents may totally suck, but God is making up for that in so many other areas of my life.

9 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

Good friends are hard to come by, enjoy the ones that love you :)

Lynilu said...

Wow! I wanna be friends with that person, too!! Seriously, that is one cool friend! I thought you had an MP3 player, but I guess that was Laura's. Well, I'm glad you have music and meals now! :)

Casey said...

Wow! That is a seriously great friend. I'm envious but happy for you. Enjoy your new gifts.

yankeegirl said...

Caroline- did you ever think you have great friends because YOU ARE A GREAT FRIEND?
I bet that's why.

Caroline said...

eye--i do enjoy my friends very much and know i am blessed

lynilu--i do have an mp3 player, but this friend thought (and is right) i would enjoy an ipod much more....and boy were they right

casey--it's going to take me a few days to figure the ipod out...this friend even sent me an adaptor for my car..i am so used to windows media player....oh well, it will be fun figuring all this out

yankeegirl--thank you so much for the compliment. i just try to treat people the way i want to be treated.

Me. Here. Right now. said...

If you figure out that whole iPOD playlist thing, let me know. I just stare at mine and listen to the same music my g/f loaded on it a year ago.

Anonymous said...

You are gonna LOVE that iPod! I won mine from my radio station and it is fabulous! I wish I had the bigger one now! hehehe...

I think, my dear, that you are probably a wonderful friend...it's a matter of course that you would have wonderful friends.

Peace.

Holly said...

Good friends happen to good people. You deserve great friends, and you have them!

Monogram Queen said...

Bravo for your wonderful friend. You SO deserve it!