Saturday, May 12, 2007

What a Wise Woman


Yesterday Demi Moore was on Oprah. She was talking with Maria Shriver about Motherhood and Mother's Day. As I sat watching Demi I realized how wise she really is and how down to earth she is. There was a point in her life when she was not speaking with her Mother. 3 months before her Mom's death the two were able to make ammends. What I learned from watching Demi yesterday was just what I needed in terms of my own relationship with my Mom, but also the whole letting go process with Laura.

Two things she said hit my core. The first was "Live in the love that was shared, not the loss." For so long I have lived through the loss that I have had with my Mom. It was almost as if I had forgotten all the good times I had with my Mom because of the loss that had occurred. It made me take a closer look at the love my Mom and I once had. In terms of Laura I also needed to hear this. It is so easy to sum of the last three years with what has happened the last two months. Laura and I had a lot of good times, many which were shared on this blog. It would be shame if I were to only see the last two months when I think of the time I had with Laura. What I learned from Laura I would have never been able to learn on my own. Maybe that is why she came into my life. To teach me how to be myself and to be proud of that person.

The second thing Demi said was, "When you clear the path, you clear it for so much more." Hearing this made me realize that I need to clear my path. If I want more good to come into my life then I must clear the path. It's hard to get to my good when there is so much crap in the way.

So on this evening I am thankful for the following:

*My Mother

*My friend Laura

*That I hung in there and gave good another chance.

6 comments:

GoGo said...

Very wise post, indeed.

Thanks.

~GoGo

Amy said...

There's some phrase my mom is always quoting, and I don't know who originally said it:

Don't cry because it's over -- smile because it happened at all.

Caroline said...

gogo--i was so surprised at how well spoken demi was. everything she said made perfect sense to me

amy--i have seen that quote on your blog before and it's so true. i am slowly see all the good times laura and i once had, because there were a lot of them.

pilgrimchick said...

I think solutions in this sense are part of a process. Too often, if solutions do not come right away, we believe they aren't mean to come. However, we neglect the role time does have in creating them through clearer perspective and the realization of what is important.

Casey said...

"Live in the love that was shared, not the loss."

Love that line.

Monogram Queen said...

You are learning new things every day. Learning something from Demi Moore. Wonders never cease!