Monday, May 14, 2007

Day 1

Well, my first day of work is over. I am exhausted both mentally and physically (boy it's hard getting up when you've been able to sleep in for four months), but so excited about my job. As tired as I am, I can't wait to get back there tomorrow.

Today was filled with lots and lots of information. Since I will be supervising over 20 people I have to learn their job in order to learn my job. So, really I am learning two jobs at once.

I spent most of today with my supervisor going over different agency policies, etc. I will tell you, I love my boss. She seems like a real down to earth person and easy to get along with. I am really looking forward to working with her.

Getting back in the work field is exactly what I needed. I feel like I have a purpose again. I don't feel like I am sitting around all day thinking about what went wrong with my relationship with Laura and how I could have done things differently. I can't tell you how great it felt to get out there and actually do something today.

Today I did not have an office to go to. I guess someone moved into my office a few weeks ago due to some problems with their office and they spent today moving out. So...tomorrow I should officially have an office and a space to call my own. My office is in an older building in downtown Kansas City and I love this building. The floor in my office is made from bricks. I think it will keep it cool in the summer, but I wonder how cold it will be in the dead of winter. Oh well, I will cross that bridge when I get to it. Today was hotter then hell. I think it got to 92. Summer is just getting here and I am already wishing for those cool days.

Well, it's time for me to relax now and rest my brain.

P.S. I did not hear from that other agency on Friday or today. But as much as I like this job, I don't think I would take the other job even if they could match my salary requirements.

9 comments:

Casey said...

Congrats on a successful and wonderful first day! :)

yankeegirl said...

Go Caroline! Good job!

Caroline said...

casey--thank you. it was a very good day

yankeegirl--thank you. i am just so excited that i enjoyed it as much as i thought i was going to.

Amy said...

I'm glad your instincts were right on with this job! I think getting back to work will be good for you -- to get your mind off certain things and give you a sense of purpose and structure. I always feel a little out of whack if I don't institute some sort of structure in my day...

Lynilu said...

I'm so glad you're enthused about this job! That can make or break it for you. As far as the brick floors ... if it is cold when winter comes around, go buy an area rug or two an put them down. the main thing is keeping your feet off the ground. I'll bet it isn't too bad, though. And congratulations!! I'm very happy for you!

Monogram Queen said...

Glad you are having some positive experiences now. I think those Bricks will be okay in Winter because you will have shoes & socks on silly hehe.....

One Messed Up Chick said...

Im so happy for you, Congrats on loving your job :)

Minnesota Nice said...

A brick floor, really? Is it a historic old building? Oooh, snap pics of your new office!!!

Jojo said...

I'm glad it went well. I was hoping you would feel better once you got back to work! Once you get settled and your employees won't freak out, post a pic of your office. I'm in architecture an would love to see your space. Those brick floors are intriguing!