Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend in Review

Friday morning when I woke up I was dreading the weekend. Weekends are always hard when I am by myself. Well, it turns out that I had one of the busiest weekends of my life. God really answered my prayers by surrounding me by friends and those that love me.

After I finished filling out rest of the job application at that one agency I stopped by to see a friend at work. Turns out she quit there almost a month ago. I realized how out of it I have been. This friend had called me three times, but I neglected to return her calls. Now I know why she was calling. The agency she worked at was part of the coalition I had worked under. As I spoke to the Executive Director I could see the wheels turning in her head as I told her that I was not currently working anywhere. I have always liked this particular Executive Director and the two of us even went to Chicago for a conference about a year ago. It will be interesting to see if she contacts me about taking this job. After I left this agency I called my friend at home who explained why she left the job. We decided to get together for dinner that night with her 11 year old daughter. It was a fun night with her and her daughter.

Saturday night this friend and I decided to go out to see a local drag show. It's one of the most famous in Kansas City and I am now wondering why I had never gone. It was great. It was their 13th anniversary so the club was packed. We ended up having to watch the show from the bar area. It was a Disney theme that was appropriately called "Queendom". I loved it and the women were gorgeous.

Sunday I met a friend I used to work with for breakfast. I hadn't seen her since December and it was wonderful seeing her. I realized how much I do miss her. Not only did we work together, but we had been really good friends. Her and her husband moved to Oklahoma in December because of his work. It was just really good seeing her and I so wish she lived in Kansas City still.

Today at 2pm I have another job interview. This one is for an Executive Director position of a local agency. I am excited about the possibility of being the "one in charge", but it also scares me a little. But I am determined not to let fear guide me through life.

So, it was a wonderful weekend that was filled with lots of good friends and lots of good times. A small part of me is not so afraid of the weekends now.

Oh, and if anyone still reads it, I have finally updated my other blog. Check it out if you have a minute. I plan on updating it more often now that the fog is finally lifting from my life.

3 comments:

Lynilu said...

Just keep going, one step after another. You'll still reach the destination you were supposed to reach. :)

Casey said...

I'm glad you had such a good weekend. You deserve every minute of happiness.

Minnesota Nice said...

Executive Director Caroline - yesssssss!