Thursday, April 05, 2007

Sophie's Fear


Sophie has a major fear. She has a fear of flies. When I first got Sophie she was just 12 weeks old and even then she was afraid of flies. Since being here we have encountered a few flies and Sophie is going nuts. She will run and jump on the couch and look at me like "what the hell is going on?" When we go outside she is equally afraid of the flies. I have no idea where this fear comes from, but I do think it's funny as hell that a 60lb dog is so afraid of something so small.

Tomorrow I start my adventure back home. I have a long drive tomorrow and I loose an hour in the process. It will be good to get home, but I have a lot of work ahead of me. Luckily I have lots of good friends that have been there for me throughout this whole process. It is so true that when you go through something life changing you really find out who your friends are.

Sophie has been an amazing companion on this trip. The longest car ride that she had been on before this was 2 1/2 hours. Throughout the drive here she just sat in the backseat and slept most of time. Thank goodness for the relaxing pills we got from the vet because I think that has calmed her a lot. Once we get home, I wonder if I will ever be able to get her into the car again. Huh, I guess I just created a new fear in her: the fear of long car rides.

4 comments:

Nathalie said...

Please drive safely and let us know when you get home :) I hope your trip away from home has helped you out and that things will be better for you when you do get home. Have a safe trip back.

Casey said...

Travel safe!

One Messed Up Chick said...

Be safe, I have to work all weekend but leave me a note letting me know you got home safely.

Unknown said...

Aw...poor dog! I don't think I have even known a dog that even noticed flies.

Have a safe trip home.