Thursday, April 19, 2007

Shift in Attitude

It's amazing how just a few days can make such a difference.

This morning I had an interview for a job. The interview went really well and I was feeling pretty good as I left. Not only am I looking good physically, but I had my confidence back. I went in like I was the best person for the job and they would be stupid not to hire me. It appears it worked. When I got home this afternoon I had a call from the agency saying that there was something that I had forgotten to fill out on my application and in order for them to make an appropriate job offer I would need to complete this one part. This agency is well known in the Kansas City area and the job seems perfect for me considering my experience in the past. I will go back in tomorrow to complete the application and then I guess wait to see if they call me. After I got home from the interview I got another call from a different agency and I have an interview with them on Monday afternoon. It's amazing how a small shift in my attitude has brought such goodness into my life again.

Laura and I spent most of this week together. Not once did we argue, fight or cry. It was nice. I decided that the only choice I had in this matter was to let go of her as my partner and accept her as my friend. Another shift in my attitude has brought such goodness in the form of my best friend. Before I drove her to the airport today we went and had a very nice lunch. I can't tell you how nice it is to sit and talk with her and not be thinking about what has happened. It feels good.

I am so looking forward to going back to work. I want to get up in the morning and have someplace to go and not focus on what is on TV. It will be good to get back into a routine and feel needed somewhere. And believe me, the place that could possibly hire me really needs me. Again, it feels good.

6 comments:

Dee said...

Yay! I hope you get the job!

Casey said...

I can't tell you how happy this post made me feel! Good for you. :) Hugs!

Lynilu said...

Wow, this sounds very good. I'm glad you are living with the positive energies and not giving into the negative that wants to grab you. Good for you! Keep the focus. You may have difficult times, but if you remember to hold onto what works, you'll always come out of it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Your a way better person than I could ever be,I was in a long distance relationship which has ended (I think) I live in Australia she lives in North Carolina so lots of distance, I'm still in the play sad pathetic songs phase its taking along time to pass though, but some times I feel such anger towards her it surprises me...anyway I'm deluking to say your very brave and now its all about you congratulations.

Monogram Queen said...

Good luck on the job (not that I think you need it). Yes I think getting back out in the working world will be good for you and who knows who you might meet?

Minnesota Nice said...

I hate daytime tv, if that isn't good motivation to go back to work I don't know what is!! Fingers crossed that this is THE job for you.