Saturday, April 07, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I am home and it feels great. It was wonderful getting away for a week, but there is nothing like pulling into your city. Before I left I was just wanting to get out of Kansas City for a while. To me it seemed like Kansas City had brought me some good memories, but many more hard times that I did not want to think about. But now that I have been gone for a week I think I have more appreciation for my city and my home.

Yesterdays drive was a challenge at times due to the weather, but today's drive was a lot better. There were clear blue skies and lots of sun. I used to think that I love cloudy rainy days, but the sun did a lot of good for me today. It was still very cold and very windy, but it was good seeing the sun while I drove.

I actually had a really good time during my stay over in Oklahoma last night and maybe one day I will go into more detail. I loved the little hotel that I was staying in. My room was small, but it was just big enough for me and Sophie. It was very clean and I felt very safe both times I stayed there.

As we got closer to home Sophie could tell that we were getting closer to home. I think she could smell our hometown air. As we drove down our street to the house she was standing up just waiting for me to open the door so she could make sure her yard and house were the same. She is currently on the couch with me with her favorite pillow and is sound asleep. She did so wonderful on this trip. I will never hesitate taking her with me on a road trip again. The question now is, will she get in the car again. I may have to take her for a drive in the next few days so she knows that everytime we get in the car we won't be in it for 13 hours.

Tomorrow is Easter which is a sign of rebirth. I will write more tomorrow about how I plan on a rebirth of myself as a person and a woman. There are a lot of changes about to take place and as scary as they are, they are also very exciting. It's going to be a lot of work, but as a very wise person told me, "I am worth the fight".

7 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

Glad you and Sophie made it home safely, wow what a long drive! Hey, my Jewel just arrived a few hours ago, I posted a few pics.

One Messed Up Chick said...

We are so happy you made it home safely. We will touch base with you before we leave :)

amy h said...

I'm glad you had safe travels and a good visit with Lynilu. It is always nice to come home.

Anonymous said...

And that wise person was very correct my dear. You are worth the fight. Brava!

yankeegirl said...

Glad you and Sophie had a good trip.
Take care!

Lynilu said...

And I'm glad you made the trip, too. It was good to see you and know you had the where-with-all to know you needed to have some R & R. Come back when you're ready.

Uhmm. That "hometown air" ...... I think that is called smog! No, I'm kidding. My kids always know when we are close to home, too.

There's no place like home, there's no place like home . . . . .

Trop said...

Glad to hear you made it safely back. We were on a road trip too, and it is good to be home.