Monday, April 16, 2007

A Good Day Indeed

I have been dreading April 16 for six weeks now. I was worried that today was going to be very difficult and hard to get through. In fact, last night I was thinking that I wish I could go to sleep and wake up on Tuesday.

But today was a very good day. I woke up and the sun was shining and it was just beautiful outside. There was no way I could be upset when the weather was so beautiful outside.

Laura called to see how I was doing mid morning. We talked and I could hear the sadness in her voice as well. It was just sadness about the entire situation. It was somewhat of a comfort to me knowing that today was also a hard day for her.

We are selling Laura's car and it needed to be sold by Thursday when she leaves. Laura and I decided that we would go sell the car together and then get some lunch. We were together for about six hours today and it was one of the most pleasant days we have had together in six weeks. We just talked about what today meant to the two of us and in general it was just a real good conversation.

I think we both needed this day together. We joked with each other and there were more laughs then tears. It was just like I had spent my day with my friend. It was nice.

When we decided to have the ceremony we called April 16 "A Good Day". It calmed my soul to know that Laura and I could have a Good Day together not just as partners, but as friends.

7 comments:

SassyFemme said...

It sounds like a good day, indeed. I'm glad it was like that for you. It sounds like you're getting some closure with Laura, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad today was a Good Day. Peace.

Lynilu said...

Time will help. Remember that you are much more than that one relationship. Much, much more.

Monogram Queen said...

I'm glad you had a good day with her. Peace honey and small steps!

One Messed Up Chick said...

We are so very happy you had a good day, We also had a wonderful day :)

Casey said...

I'm glad you had a good day. Peace.

Holly said...

I am glad it was a Good Day.
I agree with lynilu completely.