Sunday, April 15, 2007

"God is not Mad at You"

When I am struggling with my life I pray. I pray for guidance, strength and peace. Usually the signs that I receive from God are so obvious that other people see them as well. When Laura and I were hit by a semi truck God heard my prayers because the two of us walked away from that wreck with very minor injuries. The EMT said that the last two wrecks he had seen as bad as ours nobody survived. To me that was a sign that God had heard me and was protecting both me and Laura. Six years ago when my ex husband and I split and I was struggling with my sexuality and faith I sat in my living room crying asking God to have someone call me to check on me. I went out driving for about thirty minutes and when I returned there were 3 messages from various friends just calling to see how I was doing. Two of those friends I had not heard from in months.

This weekend has been a tough weekend. I knew we should have been in Florida and tomorrow is when our ceremony was to take place. Through the past month my insecurities with my faith have come forward again. I have doubted God's love for me and whether or not He really cares for me. When will I learn not to doubt God's love for me?

I went out of town for the weekend. I didn't really want to spend the weekend here and to be reminded of everything. I had 3 major signs from God this weekend that He is still there and His love is what is carrying me through all of this.

The first sign came while I was driving around yesterday. I saw a church and there was a sign out front. It simply said, "God is not mad at you".

The second sign came while I was opening my fortune cookie after eating some Chinese food. My fortune simply said, "Someone is watching over you".

The third sign came this morning while I was driving home. I came across another church that had a sign outside that simply said, "Jesus still loves you."

I hear you loud and clear God.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Your faith is lovely. I wish I had one like it. Peace.

One Messed Up Chick said...

I know you have the faith and stregth to make it through this week. I wish we were home to call you, but know we are thinking of you.

SassyFemme said...

Very powerful messages.

Patti_Cake said...

That is wonderful Caroline. I love it when the signs are so clear! You need some affirmation right now also. Hugs! I'm also glad you got out of town this week-end. Sitting around the house is probably NOT the best right now.

Holly said...

Those are strong signs. Hang in there. You are not alone.

Casey said...

Good job for seeking out, and seeing, the signs. We all should take heed that the messages we need and want to hear are indeed right there. Hugs.