Friday, March 30, 2007

Nerves

Last night I decided that I needed to call the doctor and make an appointment to get something for anxiety. My nerves have been off the chart the last few weeks. I am tired of not sleeping well and waking up worrying about little things that I have no control over. When I go to sleep I am only getting maybe 4 hours of a good nights rest. I am waking up by 6am and am usually up rest of the day. My body is exhausted. My mind is exhausted. I am just exhausted period.

Because I don't have health insurance I had to pay out of pocket for the appointment. It wasn't too bad and I knew it would be the best $62 I would spend. I was a mess when I saw the doctor. I could not stop crying in her office and she was very supportive. She agreed that I had some major anxiety going on due to all the changes that are occurring.

She gave me a RX for some anti-anxiety meds. Because I don't have insurance she made sure she picked one that was on Walmart's $4/month list. It was a blessing she thought of that because I had forgotten about that.

When I went to Walmart to fill my RX it was about 1:10pm. I didn't realize this, but they close from 1:30-2:00 for lunch. They happily rushed my RX through so I wouldn't have to wait until after 2pm to get it. Another blessing.

When I get nervous my mind does not stop. It goes over things like a broken record. I am just thankful that I finally realized that I need a little help in this process.

I have almost made it through another day; another blessing.

5 comments:

amy h said...

Smart doctor! I don't generally like Walmart, but I think that $4 program is great. Good for you, realizing when you need a little boost to feel more normal lately. That is such a hurdle for a lot of people.

Minnesota Nice said...

I didn't even know about that program, very good information to have. I hope you get a normal sleep schedule going again soon, being overtired is not good for you.

Lynilu said...

Well, honey, I'm sorry you're going through this. I tried to call you this morning, just to chat, and you weren't home. Now I know why.

I'm glad you got to the doctor when you did. I'm glad you're taking good care of yourself.

Damn nerves! Why do we have to have them?

One Messed Up Chick said...

I'm happy you went to the doctors today. I hope that the meds help. I use the Walmart $4.00 program all the time. It saves me so much money! Glad that you had a great day! Hugs~

Goodbye Blue Monday said...

It sounds like you're doing a great job taking care of yourself, which is wonderful. Way to go.