Wednesday, March 07, 2007

It's Not Easy Being Green


We have a problem. Our tank suddenly got cloudy and green a week or so ago. The last time this happened was after the Fix-it Guys were here and they installed track lighting right above the tank and didn't cover it. It killed all the fish in our tank and we had to pretty much start over with new fish and everything. Well, we had 2 Neons that survived, but those little things would probably survive if I took them out of water for a day. They are very tough. We have been changing 20% of the water every couple of days, but it's still a little cloudy and green. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can do? We have 2 Balasharks that we have grown to love over the past 9 months. We don't want to loose them.

This weekend Laura is going out of town for work and will be gone Friday-Sunday. This is the first time since we have been together that we are going to be apart for more then one night. And actually the only night we have been apart was the one night when I went to Chicago for a conference and I was gone for less then 24 hours. I know Laura is looking forward to her little getaway and I am looking forward to having Sophie-dog up on the bed during the night. Laura is just going to St. Louis, but I know she is really looking forward to the drive and the hot tub at the hotel. I am a little jealous of the hot tub, but not the drive. I hate driving on I-70. I told her I would be ok with her being gone for the weekend if she would bring me back some White Castle burgers. She agreed, but said I was really asking for a lot since she would have to drive 3+ hours with those "God damn stinky burgers" in the car. The things we do for love.

Since I will have the house to myself for 2 days, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do with my time since I have no idea what to do.

10 comments:

Mike Thomas said...

That is a familiar sight indeed! We used to have fish, and every once in a while a few sunny days in a row and then BAM! Algae. Dunno if that's your problem in there, but at least it's a pretty green... ;)

Caroline said...

mike--thanks for stopping by and commenting and oh, thanks for the compliment on the green of the tank. it's obvious your glass is always half full. :)

Syd said...

Oh, hell yes. I think this would be a great project. She will be SO PROUD of you.

Caroline said...

syd--oh my lord you are too much. that is great and i think she would love that, but if I did that i would also have to take dance lessons since just like phil collins song, "I can't dance". thanks for the idea though.

Patti_Cake said...

I am so happy to have a few days to myself. I've got my fingers crossed that my two go to the MIL's this week-end.
Um, you can read or watch whatever YOU want to watch on TV. Eat things Laura doesn't like.
I have no idea about the fish tank.

Casey said...

I could write all the things you could do for yourself - read, sleep, etc but really, I think you should copy and paste all my blog entries into a word document for me. :) You knew I just *had* to put that out there. :) :) :)

Caroline said...

patti--i am not really used to time by myself so i really have no idea what to do. it's going to be interesting

casey--lol. you are too funny. i will let you know if i find time to do that..ok. :)

Rose of Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caroline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

We have successfully killed all of our fish - even the neons. Our tank looked like that fairly often.
BTW - you just made me so jealous about the White Castle burgers!