Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Appreciation

I am hanging in there. To say the last 5 days have been hard is the understatement of the year. It's a long process and it isn't always easy.

I appreciate the support I have gotten via this blog. The emails, phone calls and comments have been overwhelmingly supportive and well received. The moments when I feel all alone I open my email and find a message that makes me realize I am not alone. It feels good.

I also appreciate the support for not only me, but Laura as well. She has been overwhelmed with the kindness that has been shown to her. I personally appreciate the kindness that has been shown to her because this is not easy for anyone. We are both in a tough situation and I appreciate the support that we are both receiving.

I have my good moments where I think of the good times we have had and then I have my bad moments where I am overcome with sadness and grief. The mornings seem to be the hardest on me.

I start my new job a week from Monday and I am trying to pull myself together so that I can function again at work. I am looking forward to the distraction. There are moments during the day when I just get in the car and drive so that I can think of something else.

Love got me here and love will get me through this.

5 comments:

Casey said...

That is such an amazingly true last line. Love always prevails. Maybe not as we thought we wanted but it does always prevail.

Thinking good thoughts for you both.

Lynilu said...

I good friend of mine just lost his father, and you are going through this. So much sadness. You and he are both grieving an unspeakable loss. I wish I could wiggle my nose and make everything alright, but ...

Let me say this ... I've watched you as you've gone through a lot over the years. It has never been easy, has it? But remember this ... you have survived and become stronger with each sheer cliff you've had to scale. I'm not minimizing the pain you are both feeling, but you will get through this, too. And you will be stronger and better for it. Remember how many times you thought you couldn't go on? But you did, and you got stronger with each terrible trial. This time, you are already acknowledging that you will make it. As you say, love got you here and love with get you through this.

Monogram Queen said...

You have a wonderful outlook Caroline and you both will be just fine. Listen to Lynilu, she's a wise, wise woman. Too bad she's not still right next door though. This would be a good time for her to be near wouldn't it?
Hugs

Dee said...

Thinking of you. I am amazed at the strength you are showing right now.

Unknown said...

WOw, I have been out of the loop so I had no idea this was happening.
I am so sorry for you both. I do hope you find a way to work it out & if not that you are the best of friends.

Take care during this difficult time.

Shelly