Sunday, February 04, 2007

Missing Summer



Last summer it was hot. It was really hot. We were miserable because of the heat. During the whole month of July all we did was stay inside because it was just too hot to do anything else. We spent lots of weekends at the pool or lake trying to stay cool. Even Laura, who loves the heat, was miserable.

Right now the temperature is 15 degrees with wind chills near 0. I was thinking this morning of how green our yard is during the summer and how much I miss it. Now when you look out our window all you see is brown. It's very depressing. I love winter, but only when it snows. When there is snow on the ground it doesn't seem as cold and it's a lot prettier then the brown grass.

I miss looking at the trees with the big beautiful green leaves that sway with the wind. I miss going under a tree for shade and feeling the breeze in my face.

The only breeze we have now literally takes your breathe away. Walking out of the gym this morning it was as if my breathe was taken away because it was such a shock to my system.

I miss summer. Just one more month and the green will be returning to our yard and the sun will actually warm the air instead of teasing us.

I am sure come July when it's really hot again I will be thinking back to this day and wonder why I was complaining so much.

*The above picture is when Laura and I went to the lake for her birthday*

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nooooooooooooooo!!! You've become one of them. *sigh*

Actually, I can understand. I'm ready for a little springtime though not for full-on summer weather.

One Messed Up Chick said...

I have to agree with you on this! It is 10 below here today!!! Im ready for warm weather.
Oh by the way, just to tease you and Laura, we got your wedding present today :) :P (yes caroline, I know I am a brat)

Caroline said...

casey--just so you know, i will never be "one of them". :) Since I have lost weight i am cold all the time. i would like just some weather in the 50s. none of this negative zero weather crap.

eye-- wow, -10 is cold. oh, and you are such a tease. now i have to bug you for 2 whole months about the present. :) that is very sweet of you for thinking of us and thank you in advance for the gift.

Ace of Spades said...

Love the lake. Very good place to eat. Love the signs on the way in.

Patti_Cake said...

I have to say I do enjoy cold weather more than really really hot weather but i'm a "Fall" person through and through!