Saturday, January 20, 2007

Water & Snow

Today was suppose to be my day off at the gym, but with a snow storm on it's way into town I decided I better get to the gym just in case we can't make it out tomorrow. I was feeling like I needed to do something a little different today so I did a 40 minute work out in the pool. We are so lucky that our gym has a resistance pool where you can do laps. And I knew getting in the water would be so good for me mentally.

I had not gotten into my bathing suit since August. I was very curious as to how it was going to look. Well, I saw the light. Looking at yourself nekkid in the mirror I always see my flaws or areas that I still need to work on. I put on that suit, looked in the mirror and was so happy with all the work that I have done. It was nice seeing that my hard work is paying off. Laura stood there with her mouth open at how good I looked. She had nothing but complements for me. And to be honest it was wonderful to hear those complements.

We were both expecting the pool area to be empty today, but we were so wrong. We didn't even think of all the little kids swimming lessons that would be going on. I had a full crowd watching me doing my laps in the resistance pool. I first started out thinking that I was going to do 20, but once 20 came I decided I could do more. I ended up doing 50. It was a harder workout then I thought. Coming out of the pool my legs felt like they were 50lbs each. Whew!!

We are expecting 5-10 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. I love snow and am looking forward to it. Laura on the other hand is waging a war against Mother Nature. Personally I think Laura is losing big time. Thankfully we are only expecting snow. I don't think I could handle any more ice. Our 9 year old nephew who lives 40 minutes south of us was out of school all of last week because of the ice. There are many country gravel roads and apparently they got a lot more ice then we did. If we get all this snow nephew may be out a few more days next week also. I think nephew and especially Grandma are really anxious for school to start again.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Thank you for all your kind comments. It's been a rough couple of days, but the love and support I have in my home as well as bloggerland is really helping me get out of this funk. Thank you. I heart all of you.

P.S. It has now started snowing. Do you hear that? Yes, that would be Laura cussing.

5 comments:

Lynilu said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! You really ROCK, girl!!!!!

chapin said...

Sounds like a wonderful workout.

We've been cussing at the weather here for hours. So glad it finally made it up the Interstate. We are SICK of this crap!!

Rose of Sharon said...

I'm sorry that I wasn't around when all the crap happened.

It boggles my mind when people say hateful things to others.

Your blog is a wonderful place that is warm and friendly and filled with love. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I hate that you have to do comment moderation now and I hate that your sweet and caring heart was hurt by some bigoted idiot.

On another note: FANTASTIC workout!! I keep thinking that you and Jen should start corresponding. Perhaps both of you can support each other! She got on the treadmill and walked today and tomorrow if the weather is good, we'll go for a bike ride.

I hope it's just snow and you and Laura can enjoy each other, instead of worrying about ice.

BTW: wolf whistles! :)

One Messed Up Chick said...

We're sick of the weather too. It sucks! Way to go with the bathing suit :) you are doing so awesome!!! Congratulations!

Caroline said...

lynilu--thank you

chapin--yea it made it way up here. i love it, but laura hates it.

sharon--thanks so much for your support. i know you have been sick and you really didn't miss that much; just a horribly miserable person trying to spread their unhappiness.

eye--thanks so much and thanks for the CD