Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Road Trip

Tomorrow we are going on a much anticipated road trip to pick up Laura's new bike. She found it on Sunday and within 30 minutes of finding it she had sealed the deal. I am happy that she found the exact bike she was looking for and better yet a great deal.

I am looking forward to just getting out of town for a day. St. Louis is not that big of a deal, but it will be good to get on the road and forget for the day that we have any responsibilities at home. Because we are making the 3 1/2 hour trip one way to get a bike for her she has said that I get to choose where we have lunch and dinner. As many of you know Mexican is my all time favorite food. One of my favorite restaurants is Chevy's. We used to have a couple in Kansas City, but about 3 years ago they just disappeared. Luckily there is one in Columbia, MO which is about the half way point between KC and St. Louis. I can already taste the fajitas. For dinner I compromised with Laura and we are going to Imo's Pizza for dinner since Laura could eat pizza for every meal. She has talked about the toasted ravioli and I am looking forward to it. I think I am only going to have a bite or two of pizza/ravioli because I have my eyes on White Castle. I LOVE White Castle burgers. Again, about 3 years ago they all disappeared in the KC area. So whenever we go to St. Louis I make sure we stop so I can get a slider. They do sell White Castle burgers in the frozen section at the grocery store, but they just don't taste as good. I am getting heartburn just thinking about them.

In Wright City, MO there is a "Elvis is Alive Museum" that I think we are going to stop at. I went to this place 8 years ago with my ex husband. I had read something in People magazine about this crazy man that really thinks Elvis is still alive and has opened a Museum to prove his point. It's a run down old restaurant in a small country town with a pink Cadillac out front that is supposedly the "Kings". This guy even has a casket set up with a mannequin that looks like Elvis. When I was there 8 years ago I was completely freaked out. It was the weirdest experience of my life. As a joke I asked the guy that runs the museum if he had seen Elvis today and he said, with a serious face, "Oh he was by here earlier this morning". Since Laura is such a huge fan of Elvis I thought I would stop so she could see this crazy place. I can't wait to see her face and expressions.

I was instructed this morning that it was my day to make our lunch. So I better get to making it. Have a good day everyone.

12 comments:

Lynilu said...

Laura! I didn't know you are an Elvis fan!! So am I!!! Say hello to him while you're there, OK?

I KNEW IT WAS A BIKE!!!! Cool! Have fun with it!

And tell C I'm still not speaking to her.

Unknown said...

Hey - did you make *my* lunch too? I'm kind of hungry. :)

Caroline said...

lynilu--i sorry :)

casey--sure come on over. from what laura said it was pretty good.

Lynilu said...

OK!!






snicker!! ;-)

Dee said...

Any chance you could bring back some Chevy's for me? Their BBQ Chicken Quesadillas rock my world and I haven't had them since all the Chevy's around KC disappeared. I really dig their salsa too.

SassyFemme said...

I love how road trips turn into food fests. We do that too. Have a good trip!

Minnesota Nice said...

What CAN'T be found on Craigslist...it's amazing!

Caroline said...

lynilu--whew!!

dee--i am so excited for chevys. i love their salsa as well. might have to bring some back home

sassy--we don't usually plan our trip around where we are going to eat,but for some reason this time we are.

sandra--you are so right about craigslist. thanks to you we know about it now. i hadn't heard about it until you mentioned it on your blog

Rose of Sharon said...

*waves hand* I want you to make my lunch too!

I LOVE Chevy's too! I have several mexican hats from them for my birthdays!! I only ate there in California. Haven't seen one lately.

You gals have fun and be safe driving!!

Lynilu said...

Y'all have fun!!!

Caroline said...

sharon--of course we will be safe..i am the one driving

lynilu--we will

Monogram Queen said...

Yay for road trips! I hope y'all have a blast! PLEASE take lots of pics at the freaky Elvis museum.
I heart White Castle too and Krysal Burgers (which I believe are the bastard cousins of WC).