Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Just Another Day

You would think being off work I would be all rested with lots of energy. Nope. I am so tired!! Today started out by getting up around 7:30. I am still getting up around the same time that I used to get up. By 9:00am we were at the gym. I have decided to do 2 days at the gym and then one day off. I was going to try to do 5 days straight and then take 2 off, but I don't think my body will allow me to do that yet.

After the gym I was off to the grocery store. I know Laura is loving having me home. That means I do all the grocery shopping, cleaning around the house and laundry. With the cleaning I have found if I do a little each day then there are no major cleanings. The grocery store is still a challenge to me. I find myself being so overwhelmed by all the junk at the store. But I have a goal in mind and I am determined not to let anything get in my way. I find that if I am craving something then I tell myself that if I still want it tomorrow then I can have it. Usually I have forgotten about the craving by the next day.

I am now sitting on the couch watching "A Baby Story" thinking of how much I would love to have a little one at some point. Then I think that maybe I am not ready to give up my freedom yet or all the money that it would cost. I think I will just stick to my Facts of Life DVD's for now. (BTW, I don't know what is up with Youtube. I posted that video yesterday morning at 8am and it didn't show up on my blog until this morning at 2am--Crazy)

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!

7 comments:

CHIC-HANDSOME said...

good year

Laura said...

These are the posts which so clearly point out perception differences to me. All the laundry? All the cleaning?

Lynilu said...

OHMYGAWD!!!! You have to WORK during this "vacation"? How mean is Laura, anyway?!?!?! ;-)

Blogger was messed up yesterday. I commented on 2 blogs and the comments went into the wind. Who knows!

And Laura, I know she exaggerates. A lot. Often.

Caroline said...

chic-handsome--?

laura--the last time you did the laundry it took 5 hours for you to get the clothes dry. perception or truth?

lynilu--and i thought you were my friend?

Rose of Sharon said...

How funny that you brought up babies...our lives really do parallel each other....on our drive around town yesterday we were talking about the possibility of kids etc. But came up with the same conclusions as you...freedom and money and also the whole thing of "I have to grow up". Well, we've always said, we can hardly take care of ourselves, much less a little one.

Caroline said...

sharon--i know exactly what you mean. i just don't know if i am ready to care for another human besides myself. we'll see though. i so wish i could accidentlly get pregnant. you know what i mean???

Casey said...

Maybe it's just me but I really don't think anyone is *ever* ready for kids. (I'm using the general "you" here - this is directly at you or anyone in particular) You *think* you are. You *say* you are and you really do *believe* you are but believe me - you aren't. It's a world rocking experience both good and bad. Once that baby comes it really is no longer about you...sometimes I don't like that part so much. Sometimes I get tired of coming in dead last (if at all) but the rewards are worth it.

My tip though is never believe you are really ready or that you have to wait until you are really ready. Because when you have that baby is your arms you will realize that nothing, not anything in the whole wide world, has prepared you for it. That is both good - and not so good.

With kids though you will look back fondly over the level of cleaning and laundry that you once had. For some reason, it seems to multiply at a frightening rate. :)