Saturday, January 13, 2007

Feeling Good

My first day off has already been wonderful. It was amazing how well I slept last night. The dog did wake us up twice to go outside. Sophie-dog loves the cold weather and it's not uncommon for her to want go out in the middle of the night. The first time I was very sleepy and she wanted to take her time, but the second time I was a little more awake and watched some news while she did her business.

Yesterday we did get a lot of sleet. Sleet is so much better then freezing rain or ice. We are expecting another round of sleet today and then snow tomorrow. Laura and I wanted to make sure we were able to get to the gym today so we got up early and were at the gym by 8:30am. I had a wonderful workout. It felt great both physically and mentally.

We have been watching the news all week waiting to see if that 12 year old boy from the St.Louis area was found. We were so happy to see that he was found OK last night. What was even more shocking was the fact that they found another boy with him that had been missing for 4 years. The guy that had taken the two of them was shown being taken into court. What a scum bag. I can't imagine what those boys went through and how hard it's going to be for them as they work on dealing what happened to them.

We also got sad news in the KC area last night. The man that was known as Secret Santa passed away. He was such a generous man and gave more then a million dollars away to those in need around Christmas time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

I bet it feels wonderful not having to go to work. Enjoy your time with your girl :) Make the most of it!

Casey said...

I am fascinated by the story of the now-found boys. WOW!!! I'm so happy for the boys and their parents but I have to wonder what sort of damage has been done to them - especially th eone who has been gone for 4.5 years. That's as old as my son is - I simply cannot imagine the horror his parents went through. It makes me even more vigilent with my own little ones (and poor Kelton thinks his leash is short enough already).

The passing of the Secret Santa is so sad. His story was in our local paper during the holiday season this year - what a kind and generous person. There is a special place in heaven for him, that's for sure.

Good job working out and enjoy the cold weather! :)

Rose of Sharon said...

Happy first day of your new life!

Kudos to you and Laura for getting up and getting to the gym first thing this morning. When you do something good like that for your body, you just reward yourself that much more and set yourself up for a GREAT day. I'm proud of you both!

You and Jen slept well last night. Jen said she slept like a rock and was a bit amused that I was bouncing up and down this morning before 7 a.m. She said that I was just yapping away this morning and if it wasn't for that, she would have slept in more! Bad Sharon!

Saw the news about the passing of the Secret Santa...apparently he was in Houston for cancer treatments. The bit they showed had him saying that he's been training other Secret Santas....I can't believe he was under 60 years old! God rest his soul.

You gals have a lovely evening! I hope I can sleep tonight!

Caroline said...

eye--it does feel wonderful knowing that come the end of the weekend i don't have to go to work.

casey--that is so cool that they featured the secret santa in your city. you are so right about there being a special place in heaven for him

sharon--i am sure you are running on pure energy waiting for tomorrow. i hope you sleep better tonight as well.