Monday, January 29, 2007

Banned from the Kitchen

I was told this afternoon that I am officially banned from the kitchen.

Laura does all the cooking and I was doing all the cleaning up and washing dishes. I guess I wasn't doing a good enough job with putting the dishes in the dishwasher, etc. After several months of Laura pulling what appeared to be clean dishes out of our cabinets when they were actually a little dirty, she has said I can no longer go in the kitchen. This means she does all the cooking and all the dishes.

I knew my plan of getting out of doing any of the cooking or dishes would work one day.

Oh, the sweet smell of success.

6 comments:

SassyFemme said...

Fran better not read this and get any ideas!

Casey said...

You are SO lucky...and pretty darn smart. :)

Laura said...

I read this post and about fell out of my chair. This is all-out manipulation, and I never do that to you, Mabel.

(P.S. If you know me, don't say anything.)

Lynilu said...

Damn! You're good, Caroline! I'm impressed!

Laura - I'm saying NOTHING!! But I guess I should have told you about Caroline vacuuming the house when she was young. As I recall, her mom didn't make her do it again. Do you see a pattern here? Maybe you should ask her about that story. Uh-huh.

Monogram Queen said...

Dang I am beyond jealous. You are so-o-o-o crafty Caroline! Muwahhhhh haaa haaa haaaa... and devious! ;)

Holly said...

LOL...that was my plan all along too!!!
that's why I screw up all things homemaking.
too funny!