Monday, December 25, 2006

A VERY Merry Christmas

What a great 3 days Laura and I have had. In all the years that I just imagined what it would be like to celebrate Christmas, I never imagined it could or would be this good or that I would be this happy. I got some wonderful gifts from Laura as well as from the family. Laura got me an MP3 player that I was secretly hoping she would get me. I have been using an old "walkman" when I go to the gym and it just seemed too big and outdated. I can't wait to go to the gym now with the music I have picked out. I also got a very nice size gift certificate for my local bagel shop. It's going to be perfect when my paychecks stop. Oh, and I got both Postsecret books. I had asked for the new one, but Laura surprised me with both. I find myself both thankful and a little sad when I read those secrets. Some really tear at your heart. Here are some pictures from Christmas day. As you will see, only the dog and our 15 month nephew will let me take pictures of them now. Huh, I wonder why.
Here is Sophie saying "can I please have my treats now". She's eaten so much junk the last couple days I am sure she will be spending as much time outside as we will spend in the bathroom.
This year Santa brought Sophie 2 new toys. As she always does, she ran downstairs first thing in the morning and went straight to the tree to her new presents. You would think she had been celebrating x-mas her whole life. She's such a cute dog.

The neighborhood cat George was there to greet us when we got to Laura's parents house. He was all over the car. I called him down off the top to the trunk to take his picture. He's such a sweetie and I always secretly take him some food after we are done eating dinner.


Here are me and Laura. I am so lucky.

Before everyone got there Laura's parents had some music playing and we looked over and they were dancing. So in love after 38 years of marriage. So sweet and so full of love.

Here's Laura's Dad and little nephew. He loves Grandpa so much. The minute nephew walks in he says "ma" for Grandma and "pa" for Grandpa. He has to find them before he does anything else. Can you tell nephew is feeling a little under the weather. His nose was so runny and he just looked like he was saying "can I please take a nap."
He quickly became more alert when we gave him his stocking to open. A new hat, a new rubber ducky and a new ball..what more could a boy want.

Life is always better when you get as much food on your face as possible. It's your only time in life when it's cute to have food all over your face. I don't know, but it looks like he's making a fist saying, "Auntie if you take one more picture of me my fist will get to know your face." Again, another time when it's only cute when a kids says that to you.

You know it's time to go home when all you can do is rub your eyes. Not too long after this photo nephews parents took him home because it was time for a long overdue nap.

It was a wonderful weekend and we have one more night of Christmas tomorrow night. Younger sister and hubby spent Christmas with his family in Oklahoma and we plan on getting together tomorrow night to celebrate Christmas at Laura's parents house tomorrow after work. I think if I don't anything until tomorrow night I might just be hungry again.

I hope all of you had a day filled with love, family and lots of good food.
To see more Christmas pictures click here.

4 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

Awesome pictures! Sounds like you had a great time with the family, and of course with Laura. Hey if you want I will send you a copy of the CD that was mentioned on my blog, let me know.

Lynilu said...

What a cool weekend! To be surrounded by loving family is a joy that can't be described or replaced. I'm happy for you both.

Jolene George said...

I'm so glad you and Laura had a Merry Christmas. I could feel your love and excitement through this post. Great pictures too!

Caroline said...

eye--it was a great time.

lynilu--it was a very cool weekend. so nice and relaxing. i didn't want to come to work today

jolene--thanks. it was a great x-mas.