Monday, December 11, 2006

Needed Somewhere Else

This morning I was told that I will probably loose my current job as early as January and as late as February. Apparently they can't afford my position anymore and that means they can't afford me. I was not told my boss or his boss. I was told by someone that was in this meeting and they thought I should know what is going on. My boss and his didn't want to upset me during Christmas so they are going to tell me after the holiday are over. Thank you for not wanting to hurt me, but I think this time I would have liked to know that in as early as two weeks I will be out of a job. I am thankful that the person that did tell me (she was in the meeting when all this was said about my position being cut) so Laura and I can start planning. Thankfully we plan all year for situations just like this.

Still haven't heard anything from that agency I interviewed with right before Thanksgiving. I called them last week to see if they had made a decision and they told me that some of the interviews had been rescheduled due to the weather. They did seem happy to talk to me. That's a good sign. Now I really hope for a call from them.

I guess this is God telling me that I am needed somewhere else. I learned that things happen for a reason almost 3 years ago. After getting fired from a job I hated I struggled to find a new job. Finally after 6 months I found a job in a little town south of Kansas City. I kept trying to figure out why I was in this job. Six months after I started I met Laura in this little town that I was working. It all became clear at the moment I first saw her. I thank God everyday for sending me to this little town that I had never been to before.

So here's to hopefully finding a new job before they let me go and with a small prayer going out in hopes they let me keep my dental insurance until I get this last crown put in.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm glad someone told you so you weren't scrambling.

I know you've been talking about getting close to burn-out, so maybe this will end up being good for you. I hope you find something that you love.

Casey said...

Here's hoping you secure a great job soon!

Laura said...

Mabel,
We plan for this stuff! There is nothing to worry about. You've got the right attitude, and I'll keep reminding you of it. The next job will take you to something better. (Notice I said something not someone.) It's you and me against the world and we're winning!!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your job. I also belive that everything happens for a reason so I am sure that there is something better out there for you! Lots of luck!

Caroline said...

amy--i am so thankful that someone came and told me as well. it's kind of ironic that i was just talking about burnout.

casey--thanks

laura--do you know how much mabel loves you????

emily--thanks for all the good luck.

One Messed Up Chick said...

Im sorry to hear about that. Im also sorry your boss doesn't have any balls LOL
You will find something bigger and better. You deserve it! I feel in my heart, that everything happens for a reason. Keep your chin up!

Minnesota Nice said...

This "let's tell her after the holidays, the time of year that most people are the most broke" thing is for the birds. Yeah, that was good that someone told you. But it's still scary, until you know what's next. Chin up, it will turn out for the best in the end.

Caroline said...

eye--i totally agree with you about my boss. we'll see if i can wait until they say something to me. i might just have to say something

sandra--i think i just want to be told that my job is ending. i feel i am in limbo until then and it sucks.

Unknown said...

Just a thought...I was in a similar situation....my dentist expedited the work I needed to have done (also a crown) when he knew I was going to be without coverage soon!!

Casey said...

(this is an aside comment: I went searching for Laura's blog tonight but came up with a page saying it's gone. Is it really or am I missing something? Thanks!)

Caroline said...

traci--i am so thankful that someone had the balls to tell me

bbo7--i am thinking of just paying for the whole crown thing ahead and then having it done later

caesy--due to personal reasons laura got rid of her blog. she will write on this blog sometimes. thanks for asking