Friday, December 01, 2006

The Morning After

As you can see I am home today. We got about 9 inches of snow so I decided to take a snow day. It would have taken me til noon to find my car under all the snow/ice. Down south where Laura's parents and older sister live they got 12 inches (Mom & Dad) and 17 inches (Big Sis). A little south of them they are reporting 25 inches of snow. Here are some pictures of the snow this morning.
I love this picture of the bright sun coming up through the trees in the snow.
It was so windy last night and because of that we got some awesome snow drifts. This is one from our roof/gutter.
Here's the front of the house. When the ice starting coming we had to unplug our inflatable. With all the ice and snow it was just too much for Snoopy to stand upright.

Here is our back deck. We won't be sitting in these chairs for a while.

Here's Sophie enjoying the snow. She loves snow and all last night kept wanting to go out. At one point she just laid down on the deck in the snow. Silly Dog.

Here is our dog statue with his Santa hat covered in snow. Notice in the background the food/water for the strays. When I got up this morning I made sure I fed them and gave them warm water. They were very grateful.


Lynilu asked that I do a snow angel for her. Keep your eyes posted for a post with a picture of me doing a snow angel.

13 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

The wonderful thing about snow is that it covers everything, making it all fresh and new, all the while, slowing you down and making you take a break.

Anonymous said...

Little Man loves the snow, too. I think it has something to do with him being chocolate-colored. He's usually so hot in the sun that the snow feels great!

Have fun with your snow day!

Monogram Queen said...

Ooh I hope I will be able to see some snow when I go to Wisconsin. You're getting me all excited now

Minnesota Nice said...

Ohh man I'm so not ready for this but it'll be our turn soon enough. Thanks for buying the strays a shelter, I'm sure it helps them. What a winter coat that one's gone!

Caroline said...

ragged--so well put. i love how when it snows everything seems to slow down

amy--sophie has always loved cooler weather. usually when the heat breaks in the summer she will wake us up at night to go outside.

patti--i am sure you will see lots of snow in wisconsin. i would love to live somewhere that had snow from Dec-March, but laura won't let us move north of kc.

sandra--i wouldn't have been able to sleep knowing the strays didn't have a warm place to sleep. although they did move under our concrete steps for overnight. the dog house is used for the day and when it's just raining.

Trop said...

I hope it comes here in time to give us a snow day on Monday.

Casey said...

I. Am. So. Jealous.
:)
Enjoy all that beautiful white stuff!!

SassyFemme said...

I could have sworn that I commented earlier, but guess I got distracted and never did.

I love that you guys take care of the strays!!!

Caroline said...

trop--i hope you get a snow day as well

casey--i was thinking of you and how you would have loved all this snow

sassy--as cold and snowy it's been i can't imagine not taking care of the strays

Kitty said...

We are enjoying all the snow while it lasts.

Your "stray" looks kind of pissed off. I'm glad they use the house you bought, it was a good idea. I wish my strays would go in the barn. I lost another one today too. It was real sad, not sure why either.

SmileyCarrie said...

Just found your blog from Jolene's.. and wanted to say hi. Great snow pictures!! I'm in Ontario, Canada and surprisingly haven't really had any snow yet.. but I'm sure it's coming! lol

Kevin Charnas said...

WOW. that's a lot of snow! It's beautiful...and I miss it.

Great pics, thanks.

Caroline said...

kitty--yes, i think billy was pissed. that was the first time he saw snow. he much more relaxed now

smileycarrie--thanks for stopping by. i am surprised that you haven't gotten any snow yet

kevin--it was a lot of snow, but i loved every inch of it.