Thursday, December 14, 2006

A lot Going On...........

*We got a call today saying that Laura's aunt had been rushed to the hospital and is on a ventilator. It does not look good. Please keep Laura's aunt in your thoughts and prayers.

*The CEO of my company today called me into her office twice today to say how sorry she is that they had to eliminate my position. When I reassured her that I had no hard feelings, her response was, "when have you ever had hard feelings?" It felt good that she approached me and let me know how sorry everyone is that I am leaving. Knowing that you are wanted somewhere always feels good.

*We found a family on Craigslist that just moved to a farm and is looking for 4-5 cats for their barn. This family has a 3 and 4 year old and the kitty's will be their Christmas gift. They also stated they wanted cats from the same family so they would all get along. We have been in touch with them and we are in the process of sending them pictures of our strays outside. Blacky would stay since he's older. Mama, Baby and the 3 kittens would all go. They would be so happy on a farm and sleeping in a warm barn full of hay.

*After Laura called me about her aunt I decided to take rest of the day off. I have plenty of PTO and I loose 1/2 of the days when I leave next month. With Christmas and New Years in the next few weeks I am finding it hard to find days to take off so I don't loose so much PTO. I never thought I would be saying that.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thoguhts being sent your way.

Lynilu said...

Wow, I've been so out of touch. I haven't read your blog in days, and, boy, has a lot happened! Sorry to hear about Laura's aunt. I know how scary that situation is, 'cause I'm there now. Sorry/Congrats, about the job. I suggest a break if you can swing it. You're in a tough field. Again, I know that first hand! I'll talk with you all soon to see what's going on with you and to catch you up with me. Stand strong.

One Messed Up Chick said...

You're both in our prayers!! What a week you are having! ((((hugs))))

Caroline said...

casey--thank you so much

lynilu--it seems when you leave bloggerland for a few days all hell breaks loose. please let us know next time when you are going away so we can plan. :):) glad to hear that your sister is doing a little better, but i know she still has a long road ahead of her.

eye--it has been a tough week and i haven't even mentioned all the drama from sunday/early monday. thanks for the prayers and hugs

SassyFemme2 said...

Okay, I think I figured out a way to comment on Beta blogs. Trying it out on yours.

I'm sorry to hear about Laura's aunt, and will keep her in my prayers.

I love that you may have found a home for the strays!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about Laura's aunt! That's a scary situation. There's no better use of PTO than to be by her side!

Caroline said...

sassy--we are so happy that the strays may have a new home. i really didn't want to take them to the pound.

amy--you are so right about the pto. my boss has pretty much said take any days you want and whenever you want. even if they minded that i took these days off what are they going to do...fire me. sorry that's already been done. :)

Minnesota Nice said...

That is so great about the strays getting a nice shelter with nice people to look after them! Well done!!!!!!!!!!