Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Christmas (or dental) Miracle


Finally some good news from the dentist. (I never thought I would say that) They looked at the tooth that was causing me pain last week and said there is nothing wrong with that tooth. I go back on the 18th for just a cleaning. Finally, back to normal dental visit. Well, I have two more in January, but that is just to have my last crown put on. I felt like it was a Christmas miracle today. (quote from Little House on the Prairie) To celebrate Laura and I went out to dinner. It's nice when Applebee's sends you a buy one get one free coupon. I am not sure why we got one, but we'll always take a free entree.


It seems this year we will be hosting two holiday parties. A week from Friday we are having younger sister and hubby over. I think it's more of a "let's get together and talk about Florida" thing, but it's still going to be fun. Laura has been so much more into the holidays then the past two years. I think her lack of stress from work is a huge thing. I love having her here during the day and I love even more coming home to a clean house, clean clothes and dinner on the table. I keep calling her my "housewife" but she doesn't like that very much. It's so nice to see her happy with her job. I know she loved teaching, but it was always so stressful. Then on Christmas Eve we are having big sis and family and her Mom and Dad over for an early celebration. I work with a lady at work that has no family in town so I think I am going to invite her over that night as well. I drive her home everyday so to her she already knows all the family. I think she will enjoy finally having a face to all the stories I tell.


Thinking about how much I love Christmas makes me think what our household will be like when we have a little one of our own. Or two or three little ones. (Take a deep breath Laura, I was just kidding about the two or three) You think we go overboard with the holidays now, wait until we have a child of our own to spoil. It's going to be wonderful. It's going to be a Christmas Miracle.


*The above picture is Brady. We caught him taking a catnap and thought he was too cute not to share with everyone.

12 comments:

Ace of Spades said...

Holidays stress me out. So many things to do and to much family to put up with.LOl

Cute kitty. I love cats. We have two of our own and the are so spoiled, but they are the little devils sometimes. But they are always cute sleeping.

Monogram Queen said...

Holidays stress me out too but I find that i'm enjoying things seeing them through the eyes of my two year old. I can't wait until you have a little one of your own. She or He will be so very blessed.
Brady is a cutie!

Caroline said...

ace--we really aren't that stressed around our house. it helps having all our shopping & wrapping done

patti--we can't wait either until we have a little one. i am sure laura will feel like she has 2 kids around christmas with how excited i get.

Lynilu said...

Yeah, Caroline, I think we have to get you through the "OHMYGAWDILOVEEVERYTHINGABOUTCHRISTMAS" stage before a child comes into the house! Poor Laura! I mean, Poor Pookie!!

Caroline said...

lynilu--i am sorry, but i don't think that is possible. i will forever be in that stage.

Casey said...

Congrats on the good dental news! And you know what? Kids really do make the holidays even better. The sheer delight and excitement is contagious and amazing. I hope you get your miracle soon. :)

Kitty said...

I'm excited about coming up on Saturday Decemer 16 and Christmas Eve. Can't wait to see your decorations.

I'm excited to meet your friend also, just wish Lynilu could be there too.

By the way, Pookie? Where did that come from?

Caroline said...

casey--keep reading my blog cause you never know when that miracle will appear. :)

kitty--we are very excited about you guys coming up. we also wish that lynilu was here. she is always the life of the party when she is around.

We are the Taylors said...

I enjoyed reading your blog, and especially liked the photos of the all the snow. How I miss it. In response to your comment left on my blog, you are absolutely right. God has always provided and we have never been left needing. Thank your for you warm wishes and I hope that you and Laura have a wonder and happy Christmas together.

Caroline said...

taylors--thank you so much for stopping by my blog. i have loved reading your blog. looking forward to more of your comments

Minnesota Nice said...

Brady: "Oh! Oh! It's too bright in here, why won't they buy me some sunglasses?"

Caroline said...

sandra--brady is always doing that. he hates being awake..period